24. This Time

A/N: Enjoy another chapter. Have a great week ahead!

Love lots! <3

* * * * * * *

"You're still here?" Mia was puzzled when she encountered Neero and his assistant in the hallways. She's on her way to the Billing Section to settle their account.

Neero waved his hands to Aaron and the latter went on his way leaving Mia and the prince to themselves.

"Go back with me." The man uttered as he pulled Mia to him. Neero helplessly caressed the side of her face.

Unknown to him, the gesture can make every woman melt. Mia calmed her senses and met his gaze. She observed him and pitied him because of the obvious exhaustion.

"You really should rest, you know. Besides, Thomas needs me. I can't abandon him."

"You won't be abandoning him. You need rest as much as I do, Amelia. You need to be in full shape when the result comes and you need strength if you want to personally take care of your brother." Neero reasoned in return, persuading her more.

"Aaron contacted your mother and your friend, Madonna. They've agreed with the thought of you resting for a while. Don't worry, I already instructed the hospital administration to assign nurses when the operation ends. Thomas won't be awake for several hours after the procedure." The First Prince added when he noticed that the woman would counter his words. She led Mia to the opposite direction towards the main entrance.

"Wait, I haven't paid..."

"It's been taken care of." Neero held her hands tightly.

"Thank you." Mia sighed and shyly averted his eyes from him. She let herself be with the good man as he drove back to his suite at the hotel. She even let Neero drag her gently inside the master's bedroom.

"Change first." The man uttered and opened a walking closet.

Mia peeked inside and saw a rack full of women's apparel. She raised her brows at the man, asking in silence as to why he has a lot of lady's clothing in his wardrobe. To her dismay, the good-looking man ignored her accusing eyes and chose an attire for her.

Mia scoffed as she was handed a night gown. She returned it and got a set of silk PJs instead.

Neero chuckled and left her to change. He went inside the bathroom and showered. When he finished his bath, the woman was nowhere to be found. His eyes dimmed and exited the bedroom. He heard a noise coming from the kitchen and only felt at ease observing the woman being comfy at his suite.

The woman detected that she's not alone. She looked behind her and saw the man standing beside the kitchen counter.

"Want one?" Mia offered the other half of the clubhouse sandwich that she made. Earlier, she was reminded that both of them didn't have time to eat anything.

"Why didn't you call for a room service?" Neero asked as the woman was busy with another dish. A fresh tomato-based pasta.

"Just wanted to keep my mind busy. Sorry, I've invaded your kitchen." Mia responded and offered a sample teaspoon of homemade sauce to the man.

Neero bent his head down to relish the food. He closed his eyes, savoring the taste. He nodded approvingly and helped the lady to prepare the dining table.

They ate comfortably in silence. Both were satisfied with the tranquility and with the good food.

"You surprised me, every time. This is one of the best." Neero mumbled as he chewed a forkful of pasta.