Twelve.

The Bayou

The Bayou

New Orleans

"I hate walking carry me kol." Thena whined as the three were walking around in the bayou heading to a little house that Thena had mentioned. She wanted to introduce her son to what was left of his pack.

"No one told you to wear heels today." Kol sighed crouching down so she can jump on his back as the three continued walking.

"Are we almost there yet?" Alec asked his mom feeling overwhelmed, but felt a sense of peace in this area as if it was once familiar.

"Yup!" Thena squeaked as she felt kol tickling her making her squirm at his touch.

The family had arrived to the destination, and noticed a couple people surrounded by the house as they caught the attention of two familiar faces.

"Thena? Kol? What brings you out here to the bayou?" Aiden said letting go of Josh's hand approaching the couple.

"Hey Aiden! Long time no seen." Thena began speaking, "I want to formally introduce you to Alec Kenner - Mikaelson !" Thena said smiling as she was holding her husbands hand.

Aidens eyes widened at Alec's last name.

"I thought when Jackson died his son was dead as well, and no body was traced down no matter what we tried it was like he disappeared up until now he's right in front of me." Aiden began rambling.

"Jackson made a different call before all the chaos that was made that upcoming week."
Kol said holding his wife's hand.

The couple along with Alec began explaining what had happened throughout the past eighteen years of their lives, and too say their anger spiked finding out what the big bad hybrid did they were pissed. The crescent pack welcomed the family in opened arms, and had always understood the friendship Thena had with Jackson.

The pack was extremely excited knowing that there was at least a Kenner alive, and can become the next alpha in honor of Jackson Kenner.

~~~~

The couple glanced at each other one last time, and agreed to show Alec the letter before he goes running off in his wolf form.

"What if he hates us." Thena said softly to kol.

"He won't. It'll be okay, Darling." Kol said reassuring his wife as she smiled softly calling out for Alec.

"Alec sweetie come here." Thena said as she watched her son heading their way.

"What's up mom?" Alec questioned his mom.

"I've promised your father that when the time comes you'll open his letter, and now is the time." Thena said pulling out the letter handing it to Alec.

"Can you guys stay by my side while I read it." Alec said softly, "Absolutely!" The couple said unison.

Alec looked at the letter running his fingers at his fathers handwriting as he slowly began unraveling the envelope open, and opening the letter as his eyes skimmed through before reading it.

Dear Alec Kenner,

I never realized how much I'd risk anything to keep you safe, but here I am committing the ultimate sacrifice rather it be me than you.

A friend once told me "If you love someone set them free", and that's what I'm doing setting you free because I love you, kid. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but it does.

Alec I want you to know that when the day comes where you trigger your werewolf side that you embrace that every moment. It's an exhilarating experience one that I wish I could experience once more.

I will always love you Alec Kenner to the moon and back.

Sincerely, Jackson Kenner

Alec finished reading the letter before crouching down as he cried clutching onto the letter as he then felt his parents bending down beside him.

"It's okay let it out." Kol said as Alec nodded embracing his parents in a hug.

"I love you guys." Alec said softly.

"We love you too, wolfie!" Thena said hugging her son never letting him go.

Alec wiped his tears away glancing at his parents explaining that he was ready to embrace his true side without being afraid.
Although, he was nervous that all his bones were about to break as they noticed the full moon rising.

"Are you ready?" Kol said holding his wife's hands as they glanced at their son who nodded.

"Ready as I'll ever b–" Alec said before screaming , "AHH" Alec cried out feeling the pain, "It hurts mom. It hurts!" Alec cried out.

"It's okay sweetie breathe in and breathe out!" Thena said as Alec followed his mom's instructions doing as so making the pain bearable, but still there.

Thena and Kol watched as Alec became in his full wolf form leaving the couple in awe as the wolf faced them not sensing them as a threat, but a sense of peace.

They were his anchors.

"Beautiful!" Thena said in awe.

"Look at you Alec rocking your wolf side run free." Kol said holding his wife hand proud at his son as they watched him run off.

The couple didn't realize Aiden approaching them smiling at the scene.

"You guys raised him well. Jackson would be proud at you both for the way Alec turned out. He got two parents who love him, and support him." Aiden said patting them in the back leaving them in their thoughts.

"That we did my friend." Kol said glancing at his wife kissing her forehead as they both headed back to the small house waiting for Alec when he turns back into human form.

~~~

Chapter twelve

Hope you liked this chapter. I feel like this story is a mess, but who knows.