Seventeen.

Sad Truth

Sad Truth

"Hope–" Thena said nervously, "How much did you hear of this conversation sweetie?" Thena said approaching the young girl wiping the tears away.

"Enough to learn that my parents are both liars, and hid the truth behind me. I don't understand why? Why did my father do this to you?" Hope said softly.

"That's a question I'll never understand darling, but it's not your fault." Thena said hugging Hope who accepted the hug, "Not only was I born from a one night-stand, but my parents broke an amazing person. I don't understand how you can be so kind to me." Hope mumbled as she still felt tears rolling down her eyes.

"Oh hope it's not your fault. I would never blame you because in the end you're your own person, and what kind of person would I be to blame a child who has no control over her parents actions." Thena said smiling at the young girl as she wiped the tears away once more.

"You're right Mrs. Mikaelson – " Hope said as Thena quickly interrupted her, "Don't be silly call me Aunt Thena!" she said smiling at Hope who was showing a bright smile for the very first time.

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping it was wrong of me to do." Hope said softly as Thena chuckled replying back.

"Oh nonsense. I always have a habit of eavesdropping as well. " Thena said as she remembered a memory from a long time ago.

"You know Stefan instead of worrying about your precious little Elena who's practically my copycat who you so failed to fall in love with. Stefan, Stefan if you missed me so much you should've just said.... I mean I'd always choose you can't say the same about her pity. However, you should really be focusing on your twin sister. I mean after all she is going to fall in love with one of them, and she won't even see it coming. Anyways toodles Stefan can't spoil all the fun so many secrets." Katherine smirked waving at Stefan as they both failed to realize a certain someone eavesdropping.

Thena snapped out the gaze as she realized Hope was slowly shaking her out of the memory as she then finally snapped out of it glancing at Hope who was eying at her worriedly.

"I-I'm sorry hope you were saying." Thena said kindly before Hope can speak the office door open revealing Kol and Alec who both glanced at the two wondering if they interrupted a conversation.

"Oh we can come back later." Kol said awkwardly as Alec stiffened before he slowly relaxed fighting his thoughts 'it's not her fault' 'she resembles him so much' 'stop it's not her fault she isn't them' .

Hope eyed the two giving them an awkwardly wave and smile as they both smiled back. Hope didn't know if it was a good welcoming smile or just a smile meaning 'please kindly get the fuck out' . Hope shook her thoughts away as she softly spoke, "I'm sorry for the pain my parents caused you both. I already apologized to Mrs. Mikaelson. " Hope said glancing at the two males in front of her.

"It isn't your fault, darling. Please call me Uncle Kol the better much more handsome sibling!" Kol said smirking as then Alec spoke up, "I'm your cousin Alec the pleasure is all mine." Alec said smirking making Thena scoff laughing at the similarities.

"What!" Kol and Alec said in unison.

"Nothing, nothing!" Thena said amused before looking at Hope once more.

"I– Thank you Aunt Thena for the this talk it made me feel a bit better, and I can't wait to fully get to know all of you. Again, I'm sorry for the eavesdropping and what my family caused. I'll see you tomorrow!" Hope said smiling at them.

"The pleasure was all mine sweetie, and I'm always here if you need anything." Thena said smiling back as she watched Hope leave her office shutting the door.

"What happened darling?" Kol questioned his wife as he kissed her forehead, "Yeah mom what happened?" Alec questioned sitting across from his mom.

"She was eavesdropping on the conversation I was having with her parents, and found out what they've been hiding." Thena said calmly shrugging her shoulders.

"Well that sounds like a Klaus and Hayley problem." Kol said firmly as Alec nodded.

"Yup!" Thena said.

The family went on with their day, and carried on forgetting what had happened earlier. The truth was going to be out one way or another, and it was already out. However, Hope was beyond upset at her parents they kept this hidden from her, and no matter how many times she brought up the woman from the painting it was always 'Oh we had an argument' 'she left me' 'I've never seen that woman in my life'. She finally knew the truth, and was going to confront her lying of a coward parents.

~~~

I'm sorry if this chapter is a mess.

A part of me is only writing this story because of the crap that has been pulled this past year.

I think in these upcoming chapters I might have them see her memories.