Thirty Two.

Forgive me

Forgive me

Rebekah Mikaelson had left the Mikaelson Mansion in a rush of anger, and forgetting to pack her luggage, but decided not to head back, and just decided to buy new set of clothes once she leaves this small town.

She had been roaming around asking directions for Thena Salvatore- Mikaelson her sister in laws home, and she wasn't so sure if this would be a good idea.

"Stupid Rebekah... you always had to kiss ass." Rebekah grumbled at herself as she parked the car across the street from Thena's home, and stepped out her vehicle with her hands inside her pocket as she nervously walked to the house.

Rebekah had nervously knocked as she was waiting for the door to open giving her second thoughts, but to her surprise Damon Salvatore opened the door ready to slam the door in her face.

"Wait," Rebekah said holding onto the door as Damon stared at her gesturing for her to speak, "I've come in peace, and I've want to apologize to Thena, and my brother." Rebekah said as Damon rolled his eyes as he moved his head to the side calling out for a people.

"Kol! Thena! A tall blondie is here, and she doesn't sell Girl Scout cookies," Damon shouted as the two figures approached the door tensing at the familiar face.

"Why must you open the door for everyone?" Thena questioned her brother, "To scare off the little kids who sell stupid cookies," Damon said walking away as Thena mumbled a 'right'.

The two approached the door with their arms crossed already upset that someone from the Mikaelson family had the nerve to face them, "What is it that you want Rebekah?" Thena questioned as Rebekah gulped.

"I've come to apologize on my behalf. I'm so sorry Thena that I protected my brother on his wrong-doing that wasn't very 'us girls must stick together', and I've also come to apologize as well to you kol. I let Niklaus dagger you for centuries, and never once took fault for the 1914 incident. I should've held the fault, but yet I was a coward, and became the worse sister. Family doesn't do that kol, and for that I'm sorry, and if I had also known that a prophecy existed I would've figured a way to have had the compulsion removed. ." Rebekah said as tears streamed down her eyes hoping that she could get at least another shot of being part of her life.

"I understand that you had no idea of the prophecy Rebekah, and for that part I forgive you. However, I can't forgive you for protecting your brother who cheated on me, and despite the feeling not being mutual. It hurts Rebekah, and it put me in a position asking myself  'why wasn't I good enough', I can't forgive you for that, and it's going to take me a long time to let you back into my life. I– yes I married your brother, but right now you're nothing, but just a stranger in my life." Thena said as kol was holding onto her hand reassuring her that it was going to be okay kissing her forehead.

Kol sighed looking at his sister, "Rebekah, I never for once took you to defend Niklaus on his worst behavior, and allowing my wife to go through so much pain for that I can't forgive you. I understand the prophecy part because no one had any clue of such thing existing up until today. However, do not lecture me of family because as of now Rebekah, and this goes out as well when you see Niklaus the narcissistic you're both not my family as of eighteen years. I changed throughout these years, and I had fallen in love with Thena Salvatore who loves me at my worst, and best. She has never once daggered me or shunned me. I can't forgive you on that Rebekah, and it's going to take years for us to rebuild our sibling relationship." Kol said exhaling as a couple tears strolled down his eyes pulling his wife into hug with her back pressed against his chest giving her a kiss on the forehead making her smile.

"I understand. I guess this is a goodbye for now, and maybe one day if we cross paths it'll be okay," Rebekah said wiping her tears away at the small conversation that was little progress, but not enough. She gave them a nod walking away as Thena called out her name.

"Rebekah go live life, and find your own redemption." Thena said as Rebekah gave her a nod smiling stepping inside her car as she drove off.

The couple stared at each other shutting the door as they exhaled jumping as Finn called out for them, "Thena, Damon ate my brownie, and now won't admit to eating it." Finn said making the two laugh at the situation.

"I already told you I didn't wait Finn–" Damon said as Finn kept hitting him with the pillow making Damon yell a sharp, "Ow!" As he kept getting smacked.

"Children I must say am I right Alec," Stefan said biting onto a brownie as Alec did the same watching the scene unfold.

"Most definitely," Alec replied back laughing at the scene making everyone laugh at the small good moments.

The family had spent the whole afternoon despite what had happened earlier, and enjoyed each other's company because this was their family, and the same ones who stuck with them despite their worst times, and they wouldn't have it any other way. The night rolled in as everyone left home, and Alec was sound asleep in his room.

"Aren't the rooms soundproof?" Kol questioned Thena locking the bedroom door as she glanced at him smiling 'mhm' she replied quickly as kol chuckled.

"What's the matter kol?" Thena said as she approached her husband unbuttoning her blouse as he smirked pulling her by the waist, and into an extremely long passionate kiss as she responded back kissing him as well allowing him to gently pick her up, and throw her gently onto the bed allowing him the time to remove his own shirt smirking.

~~~

LOL I can't right smut this the best I can do.

Hope you liked this chapter

There will be a time jump though
After this chapter.

Merry Christmas Eve