New Friends: Part 1

Just have to say that this is the year I was born

January 1998

"Lissy!" Anita knocks on her door, "Time to get up, you start your new school today."

Groaning Alyssia stretches out her arms and legs then curls back into her blanket, "Lissy?" Her mum knocks again.

"I'm up," She groans loud enough for her mum to hear and hears her walk away.

Alyssia stares at her ceiling for a moment, before getting out of bed and looks out the window to check the London weather.

Her new school is in London so they're at their London home. Her room here is like an extension of her room in Surrey and she loves it.

One thing she doesn't love is having to wear a uniform for school but she gets dressed anyway

"Morning," She smiles sitting at the table across from her mum, she pours herself some cereal.

"Morning love," Anita returns the smile, "Ready for your first day?"

"I guess, I just want to make some friends," She really needs a friend one she can talk to the way she used to with Joe or Mary.

"Just be yourself," Brian ruffles her hair as he joins them.

Finishing her breakfast in silence, Alyssia thinks about the day ahead. She's the new girl coming in halfway through the year and doesn't know how English school works, making friends is the least of her problems but it would make school less lonely.

After breakfast, Brian gives Alyssia a lift to school, "You want me to come in with you?"

"Hmm... no," She grabs her bag from the footwell, "I'll be okay, thanks though."

"It will be me picking you up later, okay?"

"Okay. Love you, Dad," Alyssia climbs out of the car waving as she goes.

Brian watches her from the car for a moment, she walks up to the teacher, letting her know who she is. Once she's inside, he drives off.

Alyssia meets her new teacher first, "Alyssia May," The young woman smiles kindly, "I'm your year 2 teacher, Miss Honey. Everyone listen up!" She gets the classes attention and Alyssia can feel the eyes of everyone on her, "We have a new student joining our class today."

Miss Honey rests her hand on Alyssia's shoulder, "This is Alyssia May, I trust that you'll all make her feel welcome."

"You're the kid that went missing for six years?" A brunette girl calls across the classroom, "The daughter of that guitarist, Brian May. Right?"

"That's enough, Eva," Miss Honey quietens the classes down and points Alyssia over to an empty seat next to a ginger-haired girl.

"Ignore Eva," The girl waves off Eva's comments, "She's a witch."