Bad Month

October 2013

After the appointment on the 1st of October with Megan for baby number two, she confirmed Alyssia is three weeks pregnant, making it a lovely gift for her 24th birthday and putting her due date as the 19th of June 2014.

The day after her birthday, she wakes by running to the bathroom just getting to the toilet before she throws up.

Toby heard the thud of her jumping out of bed while he was in the kitchen finishing his breakfast before work, he goes up to check she's okay and found her bent over the toilet. Immediately he pulls her hair out of the way and rubs her back, "I forgot how much I hate morning sickness."

Unlike her last pregnancy where morning sickness didn't happen till almost the end of the first trimester, it hits her instantly with this one and very intensely too.

Ivy picks that moment to wake and call out for her mum, Alyssia groans standing to go to her, but another round of vomiting stops her, "I'll get her," Toby leaves coming back after a moment with Ivy his hip.

"Do you want me to call in sick? Nelson will understand if I explain why?" He can't leave her like this.

The morning sickness gives her a break and she brushes her teeth, "No, it's okay. I think it's passed now, go or you'll be late for work."

"Then let me be late and at least get Ivy her breakfast," He offers though giving Ivy to her when she holds her hand out for her daughter.

"Mama?" Ivy puts a hand on Alyssia's face looking concerned.

"I'm okay baby," She kisses her daughter's hand, "No go to work, you have that meeting today about your advancement. I'll call mum if I need the help."

Toby signs, she's right, he does have an important meeting today, but nothing is more important to him than his girls, "Fine, but please do call her, your allowed sick days too."

He leaves the house and Alyssia takes Ivy downstairs for breakfast, putting Ivy in her high chair. She pulls out one of the jars of baby food and opens it but suddenly wishes she hadn't sent Toby to work. The look and smell roll her stomach and she legs it to the bathroom.

After it subsides, she sits on the floor for a moment debating her next move. Freddie sits on her leg, Meddow rubbing into her side meowing, "Yep, you have another new brother or sister coming soon."

Ivy starts to cry, her running from the room probably scared her daughter. Pushing herself off the floor she grabs her phone and goes back to comfort Ivy, "I'm okay, sweety. Mummy's just not feeling well, so let's give grandma a call and see if she's free."

Anita and Brian arrive 15 minutes later and Alyssia is trying to soothe a hungry Ivy, "Oh good," She puts Ivy back in her high chair and passes Brian the jar of baby food and a spoon, "You feed her because I'm going to be sick."

Brian doesn't argue and starts feeding his granddaughter, "What's going on love?" Anita asks once Alyssia comes back out of the bathroom for the fifth time that morning, "Are you sick?" She feels her forehead for any sign of fever.

"No, I was gonna wait till I was further along to tell you, but I'm pregnant again," It's far earlier than she wanted to tell anyone, miscarriage risk is so high at this early stage, but she can't lie to them and say it's a sickness bug.

"Oh, that's wonderful news, Lissy," Anita hugs her gently.

"So it's morning sickness," Brian's concern dissipates knowing it's not something serious, though the green skin of his daughter's face tells him she's going to need help for the next few weeks until the morning sickness calms down.