Marriage

August 2013

The year after receiving the first letter from Tina, Alyssia received two more letters repeating Tina's want to see her but no new information.

What scares Alyssia now is in the next four months, Tina will be released from prison. Toby and Brian are building a case for a restraining order against Tina preventing her from coming near Alyssia or her family.

It's slowly getting there, but Alyssia is trying not to think about it, for now, she's been concentrating on looking after Ivy.

Her baby girl is now a year and a half, Ivy is the double of her mum and Brian except for her blue eyes from Toby.

Ivy is a happy, smiling little girl. One hundred percent a daddy's girl unless Brian is in the room, then it's grandpa first. However, her favourite person in the world is Ben. Ben is besotted with his goddaughter and jumps at the chance to babysit or take her out when he can.

Today is not about any of them though, because today is the August bank holiday and Paige and Zoe's wedding day. Same-sex marriage has officially been legalised in the UK.

With no mum to help Zoe get ready, Alyssia has been helping her instead. Though legalised, not all places accept it yet, they're getting married at the local courthouse with a party after.

It's not the big white wedding they both once dreamed of, but they've waited long enough for this, they're not waiting any longer.

Zoe gave birth a year ago to a baby boy, Daniel Lone, with both Zoe and Daniel sharing the Lone surname, Paige is glad to be taking the name too.

"There you go, fits you like a glove," Alyssia zips up the back of Zoe's dress, "You look beautiful," The redhead turns to look in the mirror.

"Thank you for helping me," Zoe hugs her best friend, "Both of you," She looks over Alyssia's shoulder to Victoria sitting on the sofa with both Ivy and Daniel on her lap, "Your support helped me and Paige have a normal relationship

"Thank you for helping me," Zoe hugs her best friend, "Both of you," She looks over Alyssia's shoulder to Victoria sitting on the sofa with both Ivy and Daniel on her lap, "Your support helped me and Paige have a normal relationship."

"I can't imagine you and Paige not being together," Victoria thinks about how they just work as a couple, "We know how long you have waited for this, we'll always support you."

"Maybe it will be your turn soon," Alyssia teases. Victoria and Matt are now in a comfortable relationship and have just moved in together.

Victoria shrugs, she'd like that, but she's happy to take it slow with Matt. They're both so career-minded that settling down now would be a little too soon.

Alyssia picks Ivy up then heads for the door, "I'll go get your dad." Victoria follows with Daniel on her hip. Ivy and Daniel are flower girl and pageboy.

Zoe's dad passes them going into the room and they get into position. Alyssia can see through the small window in the door that Paige is standing waiting in a white lace jumpsuit.