World's Collide

May 2017

Alyssia is beyond excited for the day ahead, she dropped Ivy off at school then Olivia at Zoe and Paige's. She is going to the first reading of the Bohemian Rhapsody script and she finally gets to meet the entire cast.

Roger and Brian are mid-conversation when she arrives, "...I have to admit I'm impressed by his dedication."

"Who's dedication to what?" Alyssia butts into the conversation entering the hired room at Abbey Road Studios, she is the first to arrive after the director, Miami, Brian and Roger.

"Good morning to you too," Roger greets, "I was just saying to your dad that I'm impressed by Ben's willingness to learn. You said he started taking lessons back in September and now his teacher told me he knows the advanced basics of what he's doing on the drums, which is all we need."

After finding out Ben is Roger's mini-me of the film, Alyssia rinsed him for not telling her and for lying to Roger about being able to play the drum. Ben is not aware that Roger knows of this fact because Alyssia asked him not to say anything as she has a plan in mind for his karma.

However, Ben got down to learning to play and is taking this role extremely seriously, he asked Alyssia to find him a good drum teacher, he's watched so many clips and performances and he asked her and Roger so many questions just to be ready for this role. It's that dedication that stopped Roger from saying anything to him about the lie.

"I told you didn't I, if you give Ben a role, he will always take it seriously. After talking to him myself he told me he lied because he was so desperate for the role and he didn't tell me because he wanted to get the role off his own merit," She can understand that.

The very person they're talking about enters the room and her jaw drops, "Wow, he's early."

"That's definitely not a Roger Taylor trait," Brian mutters, gaining a glare from the drummer, "He must really want you to keep his lie a secret."

"Shame I've already spilt the beans, but we won't tell him that bit just yet, I quite enjoy dangling that threat as blackmail. Oy!" She breaks the conversation to get Ben's attention.

Ben looks up from putting his phone on silent, "Alright," He wraps her in a hug, grinning, "Fancy seeing you here?"

"Yeah, it's strange, isn't it. You two know who he is now?" She gives her dad and uncle a pointed look. She still can't believe they've never properly met until this point.

"Quiet you," Roger shushes her and starts a conversation with Ben.

Alyssia turns to her dad, "I'm looking forward to meeting your mini-me," Gwilym is the only one of the main four that she doesn't know anything about. She's seen a lot of Rami's work and of course, she knows Ben and Joe but she's not seen Gwilym's work.

"I think you'll like him, he's a good lad though I'm not sure you'll recognise him as me, he doesn't have the hair."

"Lucky him," Alyssia does like her curls, but they're a pain to brush.

Next to enter are Allen and Aaron, Alyssia splits off from her dad to talk to Allen, "Lovely to see you again."

Allen greets her with a hug, "The Downton lot told me to say hello," The last series of Downton Abbey aired in 2015, but they all keep in contact and they still see Alyssia as part of the Downton family.

"Oh, I do miss them," She loved being on the set of Downton Abbey, but leaving had been the right decision at the time, "You must be Aaron," She greets him, "Your cast as Jim Hutton, right?"

"Yes, I am, lovely to meet you. I have to ask, did you ever meet Jim?"

"Briefly, yeah when I was a baby and then again when I was in my teens and he lived in Carlow. He was a lovely caring man, he would have been delighted to meet you," She's not sure how Freddie might react if he were here, given that he was a lot shyer in real life.