Epic Moments

Won't have time to update tomorrow so doing it today.

The last few chapters have been very doom and gloom so a fun filler chapter is needed, sorry if it's a little bitty.

May 2002

The 14th of May is opening night for We Will Rock You, "Are you girls ready?!" Brian shouts up the stairs, "We can't be late."

Louisa, Emily and Alyssia have been helping each other get ready for the past two hours, "Why do girls always take so long to get ready?" Jimmy mutters, checking his watch.

Brian shrugs but Anita explains, "When a girl has the chance to dress up, the most important part is getting ready. Sometimes the way a girl looks and feels in their outfit can make or break their night."

"Yeah, and when you have masses of curly hair like Emily and I do, it takes a while to style," Alyssia finishes her mum's explanation.

"Dad never has a problem," Jimmy tries to win this battle.

Emily glares pointing out the obvious, "That's because dad isn't a girl."

"Sure about that?" Louisa mutters, earning a soft tap to the back of her head from Brian.

"Watch it, Roger's the girly one, not me."

Alyssia giggles, "I'll tell him you said that."

He gives his youngest the playful evil eye, "All of you into the car before I decide to leave you here."

They head out to the car that was sent to pick them up, Alyssia goes last but Anita stops her, "Oh Lissy, stop." She catches up with her daughter tucking in the label from her dress.

"Thanks, mum," She smiles gratefully, "Do I look alright?"

"Beautiful as always, shame Toby's not here to see," She teases quietly, climbing into the car after her

The show was amazing, Alyssia loved it, especially when her dad comes up through a trap door on the stage playing the Bohemian Rhapsody guitar solo like a rock god. Then Roger joins him for the rock section, it's truly an epic moment.

Hearing the music and seeing the actors performing passionately on the stage has Alyssia thinking about how much she misses performing her sport. She just needs a way to test her confidence before diving back in.

------

"Okay everyone, one last thing before you rush off to your first lesson," Alyssia's headteacher shouts over the year seven assembly.

Most of the students groan, Alyssia and her friends among them, it's been a boring assembly, "On the last Friday before we break up for the summer, there is going to be a talent show. It's not just our school involved there are a couple of others in this area of London, if you want to take part, there will be a signup sheet with the head of music, Mr Matthews."