Hard Questions

Please read till the end, important information and a slight mental breakdown on a page.

Coming home from the World Championships, Alyssia hadn't expected many people to know or really care because when she was there she hardly spotted any press but she was so wrong.

Walking through the airport with her parents and Toby is chaotic, camera snapping photos left, right and centre and reports shouting questions at her about her career.

'Will you be at the Winter Olympics?'

'How does it feel to win your first medal?'

Lots of questions were about her being Brian May's daughter, 'What's it like living with Brian May?'

'Are you close to the members of Queen?'

But one nearly made Brian snap and hit the reporter if Anita hadn't held him back, 'Do you regret not remembering your real family sooner?'

Toby did her a favour by pulling her into his side and she turn her face into him to protect her eye from the flashes, but also to hide her upset at the question.

At home, Brian got a call from Miami informing him that many TV shows have reached out to him, wanting Brian and Alyssia to do an interview together.

Brian said no originally, but then Alyssia offered a valid point, "I know you're trying to protect me from the media dad, but if I want to be a professional skater and do big events like the Olympics and Championships, then I have to get used to doing interviews if I win a medal."

"I suppose your right, though that report nearly had a black eye," Why would they ask her such a question?

"At least I'm doing my first ever interview with you there too, I don't think they'd dare ask questions like that with you sat next to me," She used to her dad's protectiveness by now but in this instance, she's glad of it. A live TV interview, who wouldn't be nervous?

"Okay, I'll call Miami back and accept one interview," He sorts the interview and the following Saturday, they are at the This Morning studio waiting in the green room till their interview.

Just after half-past 11, the show went to a break and a crew member got their mics on and lead them to the main filming area. They sit on the sofa across from Phillip Schofield and Fern Britton.

They had only a minute before the show was back and Phillip starts talking to the camera, "Welcome back to This Morning. Joining us on the couch is Queen guitarist and rock legend Brian May alongside his youngest daughter Alyssia May."

Fern takes over, "A little over a week ago, Alyssia competed at the World Championships in Dortmund, German and earned her first Bronze medal," She stops talking to the camera and turns her attention to Alyssia, "Alyssia, what did it feel like when you were announced third place?"

"It was an odd moment, I was quite shocked. I've won a couple of medals in my test competitions but this was the first big competition win, it wasn't until I went to stand on the podium that I felt excited."

"Well, Great Britain hasn't really had much success for its single figure skaters since the 70s and 80s. This is a short replay of your routine," Phillip looks to the screen between the two couches, watching for a moment, "Several papers have predicted that perhaps your Great Britain's next success story, what do you say to that?"

"I don't know about a success story," She's seen what Phillip mentioned in a couple of papers this week, "but I really hope to do well going forward."

Fern glances at her card for the next question, "When did you start skating?"

"I've been skating since I was two. I went to the ice rink with my family for a fun day out, I'd never been to one before but when I stepped on the ice, I almost instantly knew what to do."