Babymoon

*Warning this chapter is a crazy rollercoaster and contains scenes some may find distressing*

Matt didn't come after Victoria once she left, which broke her heart more than it already was.

It only took a couple of days for her to find a new place. She found an apartment not far from Alyssia and Toby's house within her price range but, it needs a little work so she will move out in a couple of weeks once the work is finished.

But it means there's someone to look after Meddow while Alyssia and Toby are away. Despite their concerns for Ivy's safety, Alyssia and Toby still went away on the planned week away. Anita and Brian convinced them to go and enjoy it before the new baby arrives.

Alyssia and Toby come home this evening and Brian will pick them up from the airport. But with Anita working, Brian is spending some quality time with his youngest granddaughter.

They're in the garden and she helping him plant some flowers, "That's it put the flower in there," He points to the hole he's created in the soil.

She pops it in and he shows her how to pat the soil around it, she quickly gets bored so he lets her wander the garden while he finishes up knowing the garden is secure, "Pa! Pa!" She calls to him.

Brian looks over his shoulder to see her pointing to a bush at the end of the garden and crouching down to look at something underneath, "What have you found?" He asks gently.

He crouches beside her and sees curled up at the back is a hedgehog, "Oh look at that," He chuckles grinning, "That Ivy is a hedgehog."

"Seeping?" She frowns genuinely interested in the creature.

This reminds him of the fox incident when Alyssia was little, "Yes he's sleeping. Hedgehogs sleep in the daytime and are awake at night which means they're nocturnal."

"Is there a reason you're both on the ground?" A familiar voice questions.

Ivy's attention is snapped from the animal and she squeals running over to Roger, "Hello poppet," The drummer lifts her into a hug with an exaggerated groan.

She points to where she and Brian were just looking, "What did you find?" He bends to see the creature.

"Head hog," She tries her best to pronounce it.

"Oh, a hedgehog, good find. Your grandpa will make a nature explorer out of you I'm sure."

"I had hoped Alyssia might become when once, but I'll try with this one now," Brian grins tickling Ivy's side, "Is there a reason for your visit?"

"We have the Skype call with Miami and Adam in half an hour about the upcoming tour, I said I'd come over, remember?"

"Oh yes, I forgot about that," Having Ivy keeps him busy, it feels like he's making up for the time he missed out on with Alyssia but it sometimes makes him forget important meetings, "Go to the study, let me make Ivy some lunch and we'll join you."

"Come on you," Roger adjusts Ivy on his hip, "Let's go mess up grandpa's desk. You're at that cute age where you can get away with anything."

Brian rolls his eyes, "She can but you can't, don't be a bad influence."

He joins them in the study ten minutes later and Roger is showing her a photo that sits on Brian's desk of Queen in the early days at Rockfield farm.

"That's me, that's your grandpa then this in John Deacon or Deaky, he was our bass player, a bloody good one and our brother. I think you've met him, he came to visit you when you were a baby. Then this..." He points to Freddie that sad twinge tugs at his heart like always, "This is Freddie Mercury, he was our lead singer, but also our brother and dearest friend. Sadly you will never get to meet this truly incredible man because he passed away long before you were born, but he would have loved you."