friends

Well i am a werewolf actually. My entire family is. Same as Luke. We belong to the tree line pack in Colorado. We are both about to be 15 in a few days. First shifts are at 13 so we are both pretty in control of our wolves. 

Luke is the alphas son and I am the betas daughter. So our families are pretty close even though we didn’t become actual friends until middle school. 

We had seen each other and played a few times as kids but didn’t run in the same crowd really.

*flashback*

First day of middle school 11 year old me is getting my books from my locker before first period. Someone bumps into my shoulder sending my books everywhere on the floor. I shoot the culprit a glare and see that it is none other than miss self proclaimed queen bee of the school, brandy. She glares back, flips her hair and walks on with her friends. 

If confronted further she would lock me into her radar to be bullied the rest of the year and i am not dealing with that.

I bend over to gather my things when i bump my hand into another while reaching for my math book. I look up and see Luke bending down to help me.

He smiles and hands me the math book. I thank him and situate my books back into my locker while grabbing the ones i need for my first few classes.

I turn around and see Luke holding up a paper studying it. Its my schedule i didn’t realize i dropped. He looks up at me and hands it back.

"We have all the same classes this year" 

I look at my schedule. "Well thats weird" i laugh.

He chuckles and looks at his watch.

"Bells about to ring, want to walk with me to class? We have math first"

"Math first thing in the morning? Kill me now"

He looks at me puzzled " you hate math too?"

" of course. Especially in the morning. It should be a crime to have it before lunch"

Luke puts his arm over my shoulder " you know i think we are going to be best friends. Princess" he chuckles. 

"Princess?"

"Your name is Aurora. Like the princess"

I laugh at his reasoning.

After that we pretty much became inseparable . We had every class together so we had been partnered up alot for projects and we were able to help each other for homework. By the following school year you didnt see us without the other. 

Our wolves imprinted on eachother once we had our first shift.

Its the second most important bond a wolf can have, after the most important which is the mate bond.

Mate bond is what you can sense at 16. Your mate is your other half gifted to you by the moon goddess. Once you turn 16 you can sense each other and when your in close proximity you are able to seek each other out. Most find their mates quickly but in rare cases it takes years especially if they are in separate packs. 

Our wolves are imprinted on each other which can happen at any age. It is basically a best friend relationship on steroids. Our wolves will protect each other at all costs and feel completely comfortable with each other. 

I spray myself with my favorite body spray and i am ready to go.

I grab Luke's hand and drag him down the stairs.

I fly past mom and dad, i double back and give them both a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Aren't you going to have breakfast" mom calls out.

" we are going to hit the diner but thanks momma may." Luke calls over his shoulder while i drag him to his truck.

We hop in and are off to the diner in town that is along the route to school.