icecream

Ryker squints at him." Im keeping my eye on you, i told ya shes my mate so watch it"

Ryker has been obsessed with mates since it was explained to him. He sees the love his parents have and he cant wait to have a strong connection with someone. At this point he has decided it will be me. I chuckle and give ryker a hug. 

Luke gets a text on his phone. Its stacie.. Shes excited for icecream. He tells her he is to and puts his phone in his front pocket. 

Luke laughs " her poor mate will have to deal with my protectiveness and your obsession" 

Ryker pokes him in the side " im her mate"

" ok buddy sure" luke ruffles rykers hair. 

We all relax back and finish the movie.

Afterwards we are cleaning up our mess when lukes phone dings with a message. He has a sleeping ryker in his arms and he is taking him to his room for a nap. He glances at me and motions to his pocket.i roll my eyes and pull his phone out.

As i read the text my eyes go wide and my face heats up.

Luke quickly puts ryker on his bed and rushes back to me asking whats wrong. 

I show him the message.

From stacie- hey im getting ready now, im excited to spend some alone time with you. ;-) make sure you leave that loser at home so we have a good time. 

Luke looks like hes gonna climb through that phone and rip someone apart.

I touch his arm and tell him its ok.

"Its not ok, she disrespected you and has the strange notion ill allow that and that i want to do more than have icecream" 

I hug him. Looking up " what ya gonna do? I dont wanna ruin your icecream date"

He pecks my forehead. 

"Come with me" 

We get in the truck and he pulls up in front of the diner. I see stacie sitting at a table near the door.

As we walk in he interlocks our fingers holding my hand. she glares at me and looks at our hands.  Luke orders 3 icecream cones and pulls me over to her table. I give him a confused look as we stand next to her.

"Luke baby i said leave her ( she hisses) at home"

Before i can comprehend whats happening luke plops the 3rd icecream cone on her head while she shrieks. 

He pulls me over to our favorite booth while licking his icecream cone like nothing happened.

I sit frozen. " whats wrong" luke asks.

" you just ruined your date because of me. Why did you do that?

Luke scoffs " you know why i did it, your my best friend and she is an apparently ugly person”

I smile and lick my icecream before it starts to melt.

Afterwards we head to my house so i can make that promised dinner. Luke's favorite. Tacos!

He helps me get all toppings out while i cook the meat. Its ready in no time and we chow down.  I put everything into containers for mom and dad when they get home. 

Luke heads home after dinner after i give him a bear hug since he leaves tomorrow for his trip and i get into bed to crash.

My phone chimes and i roll over to get it off the nightstand.

Lukes face fills my screen where he messaged.

Luke- goodnight. Dont stay up watching tv you have school tommarrow. Im heading to the airport after i drop you off at school. 

Riley- yes dad lol

Luke- watch that tone with me young lady lol 

Riley- goodnight

What Are We? Friends? Lovers?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara