kale knows

The next few days go by in a haze.i do my normal school routine and then come home to watch tv until i fall asleep. My friends have helped make school bearable. Brandy makes snide remarks anytime i pass her. She doesnt know luke is off for his birthday she just assumes we arent talking apparently. 

I text him for his birthday. He was going to see the statue of liberty and go out to eat. He was having a great time. 

I havent told him about connor. Id rather tell him in person anyway.

The first day of school as boyfriend and girlfriend was a little weird. Walking hand and hand into the school got us a few stares and whispers started. Our lunch table just stared at us before sarah broke the ice. 

"So you two are?"

"Dateing" connor blurts out while grabbing my hand. 

Her lips make an o shape before looking at our other friends. 

"So what does luke say about this."

My turn to pipe up this time. 

"I havent told him yet. I want to tell him in person"

They share looks. We all know it will be an adjustment. Wolves are possessive in nature. With being imprinted to an alpha wolf who is also a teenager theres a high chance he wont be to happy. 

I even told my mom about connor which she is thrilled of course since we are friends and she already knows him. Dad was a little hesitant but before long we will now if we are mates or just friends so that eased him into it. Connors birthday is soon. If we find out we are mates then great. If not then we will be friends as usual. 

Friday couldnt get here sooner. I open my door to head to school thinking ill be walking today but i Stop when i see luke leaning against his truck. I run over and jump in his arms while wrapping my arms and legs around him. He spins me around and chuckles. 

He kisses my forehead. "Missed you princess, howd school go this week"

I start to fill him in on how school has been and before i can drop the big news about connor. I am being pulled from lukes arms. 

I hear two growls. One from luke and one from connor. Oh great i think and my wolf shakes her head. I quickly stand between them with my hands out to stop them from tearing each other apart.

Kale is out now "what do you think you are you doing zane?"

Zane humphs "i am here to pick up my girlfriend who you have your paws all over"

Kale looks at me with sad eyes. 

"Why didnt you tell us princess"

I feel the hurt in his words. Now i regret not telling him while he was away.

I hung my head " i didnt know how you would take it and i wanted to tell you in person."

He liftes my chin. Im staring in kales black eyes as he leans down and places a kiss on my forehead and Zane growls, kale shoots him a look that shuts him up. 

"Im not mad at this im mad about the surprise of it. Its your life im just here for the ride and to protect my princess"

His eyes go back to brown as he turns back to face connor. 

"This is your one warning. Friends or not do not make her cry Id hate to have to kick my buddys ass"

I start to get in lukes truck when connor looks over.

Luke hollars over from the driver side.

"Shes still imprinted to me so make sure you know that so you dont act like angie. Kale needs to see her to calm down after being gone and this bombshell. We will see you at school"

I blew connor a kiss. "Ill see you in a bit i promise"

He smiled slightly and waved as we drove off. 

We are in the truck and i tell him about the last few days. His knuckles turn white as his grip on the steering wheel tightens at the mention of what brandy was saying to me while he was gone. 

In school at our lockers brandy skips up to us and wraps her arms around lukes waist and looks up at him.

 "finally your back, you dont have to stay away just cause you two arent talking"

He unwraps himself from her grasp and steps back. 

"We were never not talking. I went away for my birthday not that its any of your business. You need to stop trying." 

Brandy stomps away and scoffs. 

Morning classes go by quick and at lunch luke is telling us all about his new york trip. 

As we gather around the table i have to sit on someones lap as usual but this time its connors. I catch slight sadness in lukes eyes. I know his wolf still needs calming from this morning. I stand up and move the boys side by side and sit on both of them on each of their legs. Luke hugs me and inhales my scent to calm his wolf. Connor pecks my lips. These boys and their wolves will be the death of me.