Chapter 24

Sorry for the long wait. Tests are killing me along with presidential stuff for my committees. Heads up, things get a little PG-13. Don't forget to vote and comment. Well here's the chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 24

The explanation went well. Just to appease Rico I explain who Bane was in the way another alpha might, adding that we were really close when we were little. The fact that we wanted to marry each other at one point probably wasn't something that I should mention, so I didn't.

Our drive back was filled with conversation surrounding what would be taking place on the search as well as with our packs.

My Knights would absolutely be going with me, which ruled out the possibility of any of my higher ranking pack members being left in charge. We decided that with some serious begging and ass-kissing the girls' brothers might be willing to hold down the fort.

Cleo would want to go since he was the beta to my parents. Scarlet was also a beta, but she would stay behind to keep an eye on my mom with the assistance of Natasha.

When we reached my house we discovered a fracas.

Things just seemed to be get progressively worse causing the situation to escalate. Yelling could be heard from the driveway. As we neared the house the volume and intensity increased tenfold.

Rico and me scurried inside. Everything seemed to be taking place in the grand hall, as we called it, behind the stairs.

There was a group of ten people all thrashing about against the wall. It apparently takes six people to pull three people apart.

Sergio and Brianna were trying to pull Ozzie back by grabbing onto his waist and shoulders. Melody, Janay, and Warren were trying to pull back Lane in the same manner as Bridget and Jalen who were trying to pull back Lorcan.

Leya was leaned against the door of my father's office groaning in pain. It took seconds to observe the horrific scene.

"Hey!" my mate and I thundered in unison. The alpha tone was strong in both eruptions. The group flinched to a halt. Rico made altercating males separate as I rushed over to Leya.

Her elbow was a dark purple that was well on its way to turning black.

Furry doesn't begin to describe how I felt. They were seriously fighting while Leya was screaming in agony? Not acceptable!

An ebullition of pure rage was taking place. I was so virulent I began rebuking the previously quarreling group in another language. "Tu gravis ius nunc?! Leya est murmurationis in dolor, et vos es pugnatorum?!"

I didn't wait for them to answer. "Egomet mihi non credo tibi. Ferte hospitalis, nunc. Tribulatio illa procedit quando reverteris," I spat.

"Yes Alpha," my pack members stammered. Within seconds they were up and moving towards Leya.

Their heads were down with necks bared. I glared down with the purple eyes of my wolf as they scurried about.

It wasn't until Rico gently nudged me that I looked away from them. He slowly pulled my rigid body into him. I relaxed more and more as time passed.

He said nothing as he held me close. Once I had calmed down enough to speak without a raised tone I thanked him. Then Ozzie's voice rang out and I nearly lost it once again.

The nerve of this one. Demanding to have information about the topic that started the whole fight in the first place. Rico smashed his lips mine before I could tear into his beta.

Distractions like this were very welcome from my mate. I smiled against my mate's lips as I realized that he had allowed Ozzie to flee, while he could. Smooth, very smooth of him. I was still royally ticked off but let it slide for the time being.