Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Not only did I alphabetize the files I put them in grade and class order. Then I organized the top of his desk. After I was done I texted Carla. I found out her mates name is Charles and her baby girl's is Charlotte but Carly or Charly for short. I get out of school at 2:15 so they'll swing by sometime after that. I was too caught up in texting to be paying attention to my senses

I caught his scent at the same time I heard his voice. "Who are you texting?"

"My cousin, not that it's any of your business." He then detached himself from the entryway he was leaning against and walked behind me. His breath was hot against my skin. It sent shivers down my spine. Just his presence along with his amazingly intoxicating scent was enough to leave me with goosebumps.

"Oh but it is my business babe." He licked the top of my earlobe.

I shivered. He smirked knowing what kind of affect he has on me.

"Anyway. I'm done now so I'll see you later." I stood up. He put his arms around me bring me into his hard chest. "That might be sooner than you think."

I ignored his comment and continued to grab my bag and leave his office. I turned to look at him once before I left completely. I smiled and gave a wave. Then I turned around giving my hips a slightly bigger swing. He growled lowly.

When I got home I got out all the stuff I'd need for the Alpha meeting tonight. I decided to make pork chops,mashed potatoes, and green beans with garlic bread. Guys love meat and Kyle had asked me to make mashed potatoes so that's what I came up with.

I ran into the backyard to get all the dogs. I decided that while little Carly was here I would keep them in the gym. They don't bite or anything but they'd probably just scare her. Moments later the doorbell rang.

As I approached I heard little knocks and Carla's voice.

"Knock knock." then I heard the sounds of little knuckles hitting the door.

"Knook knook." Aww that's so cute. I opened the door to see Carla in a yellow summer dress,she looked the same as always with tight curls falling down her back. There was a little girl that looked very much alike her sitting upon her hip. The little girl had hazel eyes and light brown hair matching the man who must be her father and Carla's mate, who was standing beside them.

"Hi guys. Come in come in." I stepped aside so they could enter. As they walked past the man extended his hand.

"I'm Charles Delacort, Carla's mate." I shook his hand.

"Nice meeting you. I'm Valyn Lupin Carla's my cousin. Please come make yourselves at home." I closed the door behind them and walked into the living room. They took their seats on the three seated couch. I sat in an armchair across from them.

"Nice to see you again Valyn. Wow you've grown."

"Haha ya. Just a bit. I see you have too. And this little cutie must be Charlotte." I pointed over to her. She got out of her mothers lap and ran to me. She pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back softly.

"I like youw. Youw are pwetty and youw smewl nice." she giggled tugging on a strand of my hair.

"Charlotte May where are your manners. You do not just jump on people and pull their hair." Carla scowled.

"Sowy momma." She continued to sit in my lap and play with my hair.

"You're very pretty you know that Carly? You look just like your mommy and daddy." A blush rose on her cheeks turning them a light pink.