Chapter 27

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment. Sorry it took so long. I don't know where I was going with this chapter but it kind of just happened. Trying to write through writers block... I don't believe I was exactly successful but I wouldn't say it's a complete failure. To help my writers block at least 15 votes would give me motivation to write. 😉😉😉 Anywho, here's the chapter.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No way...

He doesn't look fifteen.

I stopped in my tracks allowing the shock to set in. In my hesitation everyone caught up with me. They all followed my stare to see him.

There is no way...

That can't be him...

"Zakkur?"

I yelled it this time. He turned his head. I watched as his eye widened. He shouted my name and came rushing down the stairs.

Before they could grab me I was off running at my baby brother. He opened his arms and I jumped in them. He gently swung me from side to side making me realize that my feet weren't even close to touching the ground.

A growl that belongs to Mr. Possessive met my ear letting me know he wasn't happy with another male's arms being wrapped around me. I could understand Rico's jealousy, even if Zakkur is my little brother, so I got out of Zakkur's arms. Just as I got out of his arms my aunt Mina pulled me into her embrace.

"I've missed you Tina-Marina!" she yelled. After almost crushing my rib cage she released me and held me out at arm's length. "Oh my! Look how much you've grown. You sure sprouted like a beanstalk."

I smiled down at my aunt. She has always been on the shorter side- five foot nothing- but now she seems even smaller. It's probably due to my height and the fact that we are surrounded by six footers.

That's probably it.

Just then I was pulled back into my mate's hard chest by my waist. I looked up at him to find his eyes awaiting mine. We gazed at one another for a while getting lost in each other's eyes. Then a huff of annoyance from my brother urged me back to the present. A sniffle brought me to look at Mina.

"You.... He's...he's your mate. You have a mate." Mina wiped the tears from her eyes. "I am so happy for you." Rico and I smiled at her.

"Dad's gonna kick his ass," Zakkur said with a straight face. My eyes nearly bugged out of my head. I jabbed him in the arm. It was probably true, but he did not need to say that right off the bat. Mina smacked him in the back of the head and told him not to be rude. Then she smacked him again and told him to watch his language.

"Not that this reunion hasn't been intriguing, but we have things to do today. And those clouds over there are coming to rain on our parade," Leala said. "Yes, I am here too. We can save our little reunion for when we get back to the packhouse though."

The rest of us agreed and loaded up in the cars. Once I got to the car I realized that we had not introduced anyone to Mina and Zakkur. It would be a little awkward to be in a car with someone for that long and not know them, so I called everyone over for introductions. Once that was done we hopped in and headed back to Rico's packhouse.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I am just now hearing about this? What the hell! That sorry bastard is dead. I will kill him with my bare hands!" Mina shouted. Her bones shifted around under her skin alerting us that she was close to wolfing out.

To prevent that I tried to calm her down. "Hey I know how you must feel, but it could have been worse. Thankfully Rico was there to save me." My mate grabbed my hand pulling me to him. We were all in Rico's office going over the recent events.