Chapter 11

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11

I almost had all my things together for the meeting when there was a knock at the door. I yelled for them to come in. Once they'd entered I looked up. It was Leya. "What's up?" she shrugged. I motioned for the seat in front of my desk. She sat down in the seat and had her head hanging low.

"Don't be mad Valyn. It's not you or anything I just. I'm sorry." She said starting to sob.

"Be mad? About what, it's ok just tell me. Let me help you." I walked over to her embracing her in small hug.

"I just. I don't think I'm cut out to be third in command. It'd be better if it was someone like Bridget. She's loyal and strong and smart and just. She can probably do a better job then I ever could."

"No you're loyal smart and strong too. You're doing fine-" She shook her head looking up at me with red eyes."Are you sure that's what you want Leya?"

"Yes. It would just be better for you, me ,and the entire pack. I know Bridget will be a good Third." I nodded. I'll just have to see if that's ok with Bridget now. Thank the Goddess we're already having a pack meeting tonight.

'Bridget will you come here please? In my office. I need to talk to you.'

'Im coming.' there was a knock at the door seconds later.

"Come in"

"You wanted to see me?" I explained the situation. Once I told her she could take the position as my third her face lit up.

"Really?! Are you sure Leya. I mean you it is your position."

"No it's your position now." We all raised our right hands up. They both faced me. "I Leya K. Walker renounce my position as Third-in-command of the Blue Mountain pack. And give it to Bridget N. Santiago of the Blue Mountain pack."

"I Bridget N. Santiago accept the Position as Third-in-command of the Blue Mountain pack."

"I Alpha Valentina Annabella Lupin of the Blue Mountain pack accept this exchange in position between Leya K. Walker and Bridget N. Santiago." I ,as well as they, could feel the power go from one to the other.

I gave a small smile and nod of the head. "Well let's get to the meeting. We wouldn't want to be late." they nodded and followed me out, hugging each other before exiting. We walked into the commons room where people were still filing in and taking their seats.

"Hey what happened. I felt something through the pack bond" Leala asked with the Bri and Erica nodding.

"We had a change in rank. Bridget's the new third. We can talk more about this in a moment. The entire pack needs to know." Their expressions were of shock and confusion.

I looked to the crowd as the final pack members took their seats. I'm personally ok with small crowds but with more people I get a little nervous. But these were people I knew pretty well. There's no need for me to be nervous or scared. They respect me as their alpha and another member of the pack. Well most of them anyway.

I stepped up to the podium that Melody had set up for the meeting. She had already taken her seat in the second row with her parents. Brianna and Erica had done the same. I cleared my throat loudly ,hoping to gain everyones attention. Heads turned and the room became quiet.

"Good evening. Thank you all for coming tonight. There are a few things I'd like to inform you of before the children can be dismissed." I took a breath. "There is a new pack that has moved onto our land. I am having a meeting with all the surrounding alphas to sign treaties and attend to things of that nature." A couple hands flew up. I pointed to a lean brunette in the middle rows." Yes,Penelope?"