Chapter 17 part 2

Chapter 17 part 2

RECAP:

Suddenly a sick feeling came over me and I dropped. Bridget along with another pair of hands caught me. My eyes were drooping ,no matter how hard I tried I could not keep them open.

"Valyn!" Bridget screamed. Then I was overcome by darkness.

~~~~~~~

I felt like I was drowning in a pool of darkness. When I finally broke through to the surface I was in a clearing in the woods. It was the same clearing from my dream a while back. Sitting on the same rounded boulder was Star. She still looked the same as before with dark brown hair, tanned skin, and the same transparency.

I curtsied and looked up to her. It was then that I noticed the wolf laying beside her. I instantly knew who the white wolf was. Nina.

"Hello again Valyn. As you have noticed Nina is here. Don't worry, you two are still one in the same. But I must inform you that she is very weak." The Moon Goddess' expression saddened.

I nodded and waited for her to continue. What I heard next was absolutely devastating. The hesitation to say something left me with an anxious feeling. "It... It's very hard for me to tell you this but Nina is as some would put it, at death's door. The spell the iniquitous warlock used on her is still killing her. It has put too much strain on her." The hesitation of Star was disheartening. There must be something I could do.

"If she had been a normal wolf, she would have died already. With her being the Luna Princess Nina is stronger and was able to withstand the spell longer. She's not dead yet but I say within a months time she will be." I couldn't breathe. My emotions were flying all over the place. There's no way Nina could die. She part of me just like I'm part of her.

I don't know how but I ended up in front of the Moon Goddess. I was on my knees in front of Nina. Reaching out I ran my hands through her fur. My eyes were bleary with the tearing pouring out and burning my cheeks.

"No no no. There has to be something else. Something I can do to save her. I can't lose her. Shes part of me." I am losing it. This can't happen, this won't happen. I have to do something, I will do something. I furiously started wiping away my tears.

"There may be a way to save Nina, but it's too risky. I'm not sure if it would work." In this situation I could care less what the risk factor is. It's not an option for Nina to die. I told her I would do anything to save Nina. No matter what I have to do.

"Fine. Since you're so stubborn and willing to do whatever it takes. As I said Nina isn't able to handle the strain of the spell... alone that is." It only took seconds for me to see what she was getting at. Nodding I agreed. If that's what it takes.

After I collected myself we talked more. Since we would now be sharing the burden of the spell our strength would wane in and out until we could somehow beat the spell.

After we finished talking I was thrown back into darkness. This time when I broke the surface I gasped and sat straight forward. "Oh my gosh!" Bridget nearly screamed. "Shit you scared me. Guys she's awake."

I looked around seeing that I was in my room in the Alpha House. My thoughts and emotions were still pretty scrambled ,but I was able to question what happened sufficiently.

Bridget explained that I just dropped after a couple sways. That part I understood but I was confused since I was caught by two pairs of hands. It was at that precise moment that I caught a familiar scent I haven't smelled in several years.

The smell was followed by a head of brown hair ducking in through the door frame. When the figure finally got through I was shocked. This guy was huge! Exceptional muscle tone, dark brown eyes, and an enormous height. He was way over Rico's height.