Chapter 16

Chapter 16

About forty minutes later I heard feet rushing and a man's voice yell. The yelling because louder and closer. I rushed out to see what was happening only to jump back against the door to avoid being trampled by Leala and Ozzie. As they ran by I heard:

"YOU'RE DEAD!"

"I didn't meant to! I already said I'm sorry!"

"YOU MARKED ME!" Leala yelled. She was chasing him down the hall with a knife in her hand. I ran after her to try and take it from her. I was now right behind her. Jumping forward I landed on her back and grabbed the hand that held the knife.

"RICO! RICO HURRY AND GET DOWN HERE!" I screamed. Leala and I went down to the floor with the knife still in her hand. She flipped over to where I was straddling her hips. "Drop the knife Leala." I warned.

"No he marked me. I wasn't ready to be marked yet. Now they're gonna kn-"

"I know but we still have time. Stabbing him isn't going to help anyone." She finally dropped the knife. Ozzie was still a few feet away down the hall. I waved my hand towards him telling him to stay back. When I turned back I caught the glint in her eye. "Leala quit screwing around."

"You want me to quit screwing around fine I will." She reached down and pulled out three small black Afterburner neck knives,about an inch and a half long, and threw it. Hitting Ozzie in his right shoulder. He yelled out in pain. Rico showed up about two seconds later and went wide eyed at the scene before him.

"Are you just gonna stand there gawking or are you going to help?" I asked him. My voice seemed to snap him out of his thoughts. I told Ozzie not to touch the knives and to go into the living room. I then had Rico take hold of Leala while I patted her down ,taking the rest of her knives away. While I put the knives on my office desk I had Thunder get the first aid kit.

Rushing into the living room to tend to Ozzie I had Rico hold Leala down on the couch. Ozzie was rapidly pacing and breathing heavily. Thunder arrived with one of the straps of the first aid kit in his mouth. I hurriedly took it from him and made Ozzie take a seat on the couch. I put on some disposable blue latex gloves. Next I pulled out some sterile blood stop gauze pads and sterile saline solution.

"Hey Rico?"

"Ya babe?" he questioned. "Make sure you have a good hold on her." I nodded at Ozzie letting him know I was about to pull the knives out. He exhaled and nodded back.

"Ok on the count of three... One... Two..." I pulled the first one out. Ozzie yelled out in pain. Leala did the same as she bucked off the couch. "Three!" I shouted. Then grabbed and pulled out the second. I set them down and pulled out the third one. I immediately put the gauze pads on him to stop the bleeding.

"What the hell happened to 'on three' Valyn. Damn that hurt." Ozzie complained.

"Heck ya it did. Why did I feel the pain?" Leala asked. Before I could answer Rico stepped in. "It's because you're marked. Now you'll feel what the other does, be able to use the mind link,and go int... ya well you know the rest."

The blood was still oozing out so I changed the gauze pads. "I think Ozzie can decide and deliver your punishment since he's the victim and your mate." Out of the corner of my eye I saw her shake her head in fear of what he might do. I turned my attention back to Ozzie and gave him a wink.

Rico came to my side to watch me as I worked. The bleeding started to lessen so I removed the gauze pads and applied the saline solution to clean the wounds. I then put on my gauze and wrapped up his shoulder.

"Leala if you promise me you'll play nice you can have your knives back." Ozzie and Rico both looked at me surprised. "Well I'm not going to keep them from her. Those things took us a while to get." I shrugged my shoulder but looked to Leala ,still waiting for her answer.