Chapter 33

The darker colored wolves had charger into cabin 2/4 a few minutes ago, leaving me to wait for the signal. We could hear growls and screams coming from inside the cabin. It was making it really hard not to charge in there to help. I have been on edge and ready to pounce at the smallest change in our surroundings.

Knox's team was clearly feeling the same. They received their signal and rushed in. More cries of pain and growls were heard.

My adrenaline was pulsing through my veins urging me forward. Bridget's howl sounded. Thank the goddess! Without another thought I charged into the cabin. There were wolves, bodies, and blood everywhere. The cabin was dark except for a few dim lights on the ceiling and in the corner to illuminate the small space. A quick scan of the room showed a rickety, descending staircase along the back wall of the cabin's main living area. The guardsman in the group had a male– in human form and who I assumed was in charge– pinned to the floor. The wolf threw its head towards the stairs signalling me to descend. I gave a nod and darted in that direction.

Once I hit the bottom of the stairs, my eyes took in the new scene. There was a bit more light down here coming from a singular lightning fixture hanging from the ceiling by wires. There was a small office looking room with windows facing a door metal door. The door was the last thing the light touched, leaving the rest of the area shrouded in darkness. Leala and Bridget were waiting for me, in wolf form, by the metal door. I ran towards the door and grabbed the handle only to retract it as my skin sizzled. Silver. Now that I was up close I could see the whole fucking door was silver. Great, this is just great.

I took off my shirt and used it to grab the handle. Of course the door was locked. It was then I noticed my mate was missing. Panic raced through me as I looked around for him.

Leala, sensing my unease, quickly told me he was getting the keys for the door. At the mention of keys I noticed the eight deadbolts and three latches with thick padlocks on them.

My attention to detail was really lacking right now.

I blame my current impatience and all the adrenaline flowing through me. It was my impatience that caused me to start looking around for the keys as well. Maybe they had the keys closeby.

I sensed my mate close by and turned just in time to see his dark wolf padding out of the shadows with a ring of keys in his teeth. He nearly poked me in the eye with them, but I stepped back and grabbed them first. To show my gratitude I laid a quick peck to the left side of his snout.

I then turned back to the door and began fitting keys in locks. It took ages for all the locks to be undone. When they were I used my shirt to open the door. The door was extremely heavy. Even with my werewolf strength it took a lot of effort. When the door was partially open Leala began looking inside. Once I got the door fully open I took a gander inside as well. Before I could take in the room completely, Leala stepped inside and immediately jumped back with a whine.

The whole room was made of silver, including the floor. Since I was the only one with shoes on I was the only one who could safely enter. I was just about to walk inside and see what was being hidden behind the veil of darkness towards the back of the large room when I felt hot breath on my back and was pulled back by the band of my bra.

Considering the massive tingles that shot through my body it was my mate who pulled me back with his teeth.

Jumping to conclusions I snapped. "I am going whether you like it or not Babe, and now is not the time to-" I was cut off by his snort and nod to something on the wall. Another ring of keys. I blushed and rushed out a quick sorry.

There was no way I would have noticed those in my current situation.

I grabbed the new set of keys in my right hand and cautiously approached the veil of darkness. Being surrounded by all this silver was making me incredibly nauseous. None of my heightened senses were working. I made it to the back of the evil room and found what–who rather– I was looking for.