Chapter 26

It's finally done. Hope you like this one. Don't forget to vote and comment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valyn's Pov

These past few days have been dreadful. Thankfully, my mate has been here for me. Without Rico, I'm not sure what I would have done. Over the span of a day I developed nightmares and night terrors.

They started the first night I came back to my house. I don't remember falling asleep or anything I did after. The main thing I can recall is feelings of dread and major anxiety. It seemed like they were washing over me in waves and I was no longer able to keep my head above the surface. It was like I was drowning in anxiety and being shot by arrows full of dread. Other than that, all I remember is being woken up a little after the feelings lessened to a room full of people.

Two of the wolves guarding my house, all of the Santiagos, three of the Cavanoughs, the witches and William were all in my room looking at me with wide worried eyes. I was confused and a bit shaky as I sat up.

After what happened yesterday, I felt a bit more weary of all the men in my room. They would never do something like He did, but the shiver that traveled down my spine could not be subdued. Wonder consumed me owing to their presence in my room. My confusion prompted me to scratchily ask what was going on. It was Brianna's mom, Natasha, that spoke up. She said I had a night terror. Apparently my unease was sent throughout the rest of the pack which made the wolves guarding my house come check on me. In the short time it took them to reach my backyard I had begun screaming.

Of course when your alpha female who is supposed to be alone, other than three witches in the house, starts screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night you call in the cavalry and rush to save the damsel in distress. Since the Cavanoughs are so close to me, they were called first. The Santiagos live next door to them, so they were called in next. William was patrolling my neighborhood anyway, saw the chaos breakout, and came running.

Apparently, I was sitting straight up with my eyes wide open clawing at the air. No matter how much they tried, I wouldn't stop. Upon seeing my condition, William contacted my mate. In turn, Rico began hauling ass over here in wolf form to help me.

I was still in a haze as Natasha explained all this to me. My senses were out of whack, and I felt wretched. I sat on my bed with my knees hugged up to my chest, and my head resting on my arms as I tried to get it together. No one should ever see me in such a state. Even though I was trying to put on a brave face, the witches, the Cavanoughs and the Santiagos saw right through it. Then again, with the weather being so crappy outside it was not that hard to figure out. If you knew about me of course.

The wind was howling, lightning would crack every few minutes, lighting up the sky, and the rain was beating down on the roof so fiercely it seemed like it was trying to tear through it. Thunder banged like the bass drop in a dubstep. As I looked up from my arms I finally began to fully notice the shape everyone was in.

Everyone was in either shorts or pajamas, soaking wet. They looked so disheveled and zombie like that vultures might have mistaken them for food. This was my fault. I aroused them from their sleep over nonsense. I don't even remember screaming for fifteen minutes or getting up. As a matter of fact, I don't recall coming back home.

The last thing I can remember is falling asleep in Rico's arms after Izaiyah showed up. How the heck did I get back home?

Whose bright idea was it to leave me alone after the day I had?

Where is my mate? I would really love the secure feeling I get when he holds me in his arms right about now.

Just as the thought of him crossed my mind, a large bang was heard downstairs. William had already left the room and was descending the stairs before anyone could question it.