Chapter 28 Part 2

Sorry it's late. I got really busy and have not had very much time to do anything, but that's what happens when you procrastinate. Anywho, here's the second part of chapter 28... Please don't forget to comment and vote.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello again Valyn," Star greeted.

I uneasily answered. "Err... Hello, Star."

"There is no need to look so tremulous. You are not dead," she said with a chuckle. I couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief. For a moment there I was afraid I had really just been killed by my own little brother.

I am really thankful I'm not dead.

Dying this early really was not in my plans. There are still many things I want to do and places I want to see. Not to sound sleazy, but I would like to mate with Rico before I die.

"While that may be the good news, I have some unpleasant news as well." Star's voice had lost its humorous edge and taken on a grave one instead.

The ambient around us changed to something much darker and blood filled.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I awoke in the pack hospital. As I inhaled my chest chest ached. I found it to be a bit difficult to breathe. Machines were beeping and the all too familiar sterile smell filled my nose. Hospitals... I can't stand them. At least this one is adorned in colors other than just white.

As I looked around I couldn't help the frown that made its way onto my face.

The past two weeks have been dreadful,but I refuse to allow things to stay this way. Zakkur hulking out is going to create a setback, but I will ensure that it is a small one.

Nothing is going to stop me from accomplishing my goals. My current goals are to: get my father back so my mother can recover; eliminate Izaiyah; start my life with Rico; retake the throne. There is no force on earth that will keep me from accomplishing this. We will overcome the impending darkness.

I wash shaken from my thoughts as something rustled to my right. A peach curtain separated me from whoever was on the other side. Though my vision was obscured I began trying to use my other senses to identify what the other side of the curtain was sheltering.

Whatever chemicals they had used to clean the room were hindering my sense of smell. Luckily a nurse walked in.

"Hello Alpha, it's nice to see you are awake," she announced in a chipper voice. She walked over and began checking all my vitals. "How are you feeling? I mean clearly not great seeing as what happened, but-" she then shrugged her shoulders and gave a half smile.

I glanced down at her name tag. "Ira, is it? I feel as good as can be expected, but whatever cleaning fluids were used in this room are blocking my senses. Who is on the other side of the curtain?" I could only hear the beeping of their heart monitor and slow ragged breaths.

She momentarily turned her head in the direction of the curtain. "Santiago, I believe her name is Bridget," was her response.

I nodded my head. Well if Rico's not here then where is he? It would make sense to put mates together in the same room. Our wolves would be far less restless and more responsive to the treatments. I asked the nurse where Rico was and why he was not held in the same room as myself.

I personally felt as if the reasoning was off, but I am a bit biased. "It was felt that having two alphas in the same room would lead to complications in your treatments. The Midnight-lobos Alpha is also being housed on the first floor in the east wing," Ira walked over to Bridget and adjusted her wrist band.