3.0 FIRST TIME DOROSH?

CONTINUATION OF 5x5 CRADLE TO GRAVE

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of sexual assault and miscarriages.

*Dorosh's POV*

I sit quietly observing as the team starts working the case, throwing ideas around, and seeing what fits with the small amount of information we currently have. I haven't seen Agent Hotchner since boarding though. I wonder where he is.

"So, why would a sexual sadist make women carry his children?" Agent Prentiss asks.

"Gary Heidnik kept a harem in a dungeon. His goal was to create a large family for his own broken home." Doctor Reid answers, sitting atop a small table.

"Josef Fritzl kept his daughter in a cell in his own house, and they had several kids together," Agent Morgan adds.

"Squalid conditions were part of the control fantasy these men had," Agent Rossi states as he walks past Agent Morgan, water bottle in hand. 

The doctor begins to talk again as Agent Hotchner emerges from behind a curtain at one end of the jet, "If he's keeping these women in a similar location, he'd need a lot of privacy."

"He probably built it himself. Makes him good with his hands" I chime in, trying to add to the conversation. I look up towards Agent Hotchner from where I'm seated and he sits down in the seat across from me. "Sir," I say softly, nodding at him. 

He nods back at me before turning to the team and asking, "Why blondes? And what significance do they have to him?"

"Maybe the woman who rejected him, or the woman who wouldn't bear his children?" Agent Prentiss theorizes.

Agent Rossi chimes in again, "If that were true, he'd be the same age as these girls, late teens. This UnSub is too skilled for that."

"His own mother then? She could be a runaway, just like these victims." Agent Jareau speculates.

"Which makes his compulsion Psych 101." Agent Morgan explains, "Killing his mother over and over again for giving birth to him."

"Yeah, but then why wait until after she gives birth? Now he has a body and a baby to get rid of." Agent Rossi reasons. 

Agent Hotchner speaks up again, "Tha troubles me, too. We found the mothers, but not the infants."

"Uh, I hate to say this but, what if the women are just a means to an end? What if the babies are really the ones he's exploiting?" I note, looking around at the team.

Agent Jareau hums in response and continues, "If Kristie Taylor just surfaced, it means he has her baby right now." 

"JJ, check with the parents. See if there are any similarities in the runaways' patterns, where the UnSub's finding them. Reid, Prentiss, and Dorosh go to the latest dumpsite. We need to look at victimology. How he treats these women in the final moments of their lives might tell us what he's doing to the children." Agent Hotchner gives out the assignments. I grab an energy drink from the duffel bag at my feet and put my earphones in, turning up the volume.

---

After a while, I grab my duffel again and search around a bit before I find the painkillers I always carry with me, using my energy drink to wash them down. I put the bag back down and take one of my earphones out after noticing that Agent Hotchner has been staring at me. "Your staring Bossman," I tease, smiling at him.