21.0 PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME...

*Dorosh's POV*

*UNKNOWN DATE, TIME AND LOCATION*

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

It's dark. I can't see. Where am I? Where's Hotch? I need him, please! I can't- I can't breathe. Help me, please. Hotch! Hotch, please! I need you!

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

---

*Hotch's POV*

*OCTOBER 8, 2:56 am, A HOSPITAL IN QUANTICO*

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

I walk into Zero's hospital room with a cup of coffee and smile at the team all sleeping. Reid is sitting in a chair on the far side of their bed, holding their hand while his head is next to their thigh on the bed. Garcia is leaning on Morgan on one end of the couch, Prentiss and JJ on the other, also leaning on each other. Rossi is sitting in a small armchair by the couch. I sit in the chair on the opposite side to Reid, grabbing Zero's free hand, coincidentally being the one I usually hold. I run my thumb over the back of their hand carefully and look at the fingerprints inked into their skin.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

The heart monitor starts to beep faster and their breathing becomes shallow, their chest rising and falling rapidly. Zero starts to move around in the bed, almost twitchy.

"No, no, no, no..." They start to mumble. I put my coffee cup down and use my now free hand to push the emergency button. Nurses come rushing in as Zero begins to thrash around in the bed, eyes still closed.

BEEP.   BEEP.   BEEP.   BEEP.

"No!" They shoot up in the bed, eyes now very wide and pupils dilated. Reid and I have now taken a hold of their wrists, attempting to keep them in the bed.

"What happened?" A nurse asks me.

"I- I don't know... I came back into the room after getting a coffee, everything was normal. Then they just started moving, the monitor started beeping faster," I reply, my eyes not leaving Zero.

"Where am I?" Zero's raspy voice echos through the room as their eyes dart around the room, breathing rapid and shallow.

"Zero, you're okay. You're in the hospital. No one's going to hurt you," I coo, loosening my grip on their wrist. They don't look at anyone, their breathing still uneven and pupils dilated. I bring them into a hug.

"They're dead aren't they..." Zero's voice breaks and I tighten my hold, rubbing circles on their back to calm them. "He killed them... I co- couldn't stop him... I couldn't save them..." They begin to sob in my arms, their tears staining my shirt.

"I know, Zero, but there's nothing you could've done differently to save them," My heart breaks as they cry, mourning the death of their friends. The nurse nods at me and leaves the room. The others get up and surround us in a big group hug.

"Please don't leave me..." They mumble to me.

"I won't, I'm staying right here," I reassure them. The others let go, but Zero holds onto me.

"You guys can go home, I've probably caused you enough sleep loss already," They say softly, looking around at the others with a sad expression. "Please." The others slowly nod and say their goodbyes one by one and leave the room, it's just us. "Can you lay with me, please?"

"Of course," They lift the blanket and shuffle over in the bed, waiting for me. I smile at them and climb in, moving into the middle of the bed and lifting them, laying them down on my chest and pulling the blanket over both of us. "Comfy?" I ask, looking down at them as they yawn behind their hand.