34.0 NAMES

THIS CHAPTER IS BASED ON 6X04 COMPROMISING POSITIONS.

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF RAPE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT.

THIS CHAPTER WILL SWITCH A LOT BETWEEN POV'S TO BE ACCURATE TO THE EPISODE, SO BARE WITH ME PLEASE :)

*Hotch's POV*

"This UnSub is an emasculated alpha male with a near obsessive-compulsive level of control in his behaviour," Reid begins the profile.

"And because of the repetition of details at the crime scenes, we know his ritual is essential to him," I interject.

"These patterns are how he maintains dominance in a world he feels powerless in, both sexually and socially," Rossi explains.

---

*Dorosh's POV*

"The man we're looking for is a troilist," I explain and Shirley looks to her husband next to her, confused.

"Do you know what that is?" She asks him and he shakes his head.

"It means that he gets off on staging a scene and participating in it," Morgan clarifies.

"Such as recording sexual acts on camera or coming to parties like yours. The point is the performance," I say, looking between the two.

"Do you know who his partner is?" She asks me, leaning forward in her seat.

"Partner?" I ask, me now being the confused one, I look over at Morgan.

"When he comes to the parties," Phil explains to us. "He has to bring a female companion or he wouldn't get in the door."

"See, swing clubs are a matriarchy. My primary goal as a hostess is to make sure other women feel safe and secure. There has to be at least as many women as men."

"Actually, we hadn't considered that," Morgan says shaking his head in confusion.

"What else do you know about him?" She asks, again leaning forward.

---

*Hotch's POV*

"Paul Wilson's attack showed him how physically weak he was, and Debra Wilson's enticement reminded him how futile his fantasies were," Reid explains to the group of officers before us.

"And as a result of this, the UnSub is what we call decompensating," I speak, looking around.

"Now what does that mean?" Crowley asks.

"We use it to describe the collapse of OCD patterns that mentally ill people use to cope," Reid states, "Once one fails, they generally all do. In this case, the UnSub's ritualized fantasy has stopped working, and that makes him incredibly dangerous."

"So what was his fantasy?"

---

*Dorosh's POV*

"Two men, one woman, how would that work?" I ask the couple before us.

"He comes with his female companion. Then, he'd most likely invite a man in," He answers.

"Wait a minute. This guy is an alpha male. Wouldn't he be too possessive to share his partner?" Morgan asks.

"Sure. Unless he was married," She informs us.

"Well, why married?"

"Oh, because the erotic charge of the role play is the consensual cheating," I piece it together, "You don't control a girlfriend the way you control a wife."