18.0 0700HRS

TRIGGER WARNING: SUFFOCATION BY BURIAL (BURIED ALIVE)

*Hotch's POV*

I sprint out of the room and down the stairs, rushing out the front door and running to the side gate past the team. I can hear them rushing after me but I keep going. I bust through the gate and Bowser spins around, running behind me to one of the team. I fall to my knees in front of the dirt pile and start digging it up as quick as I can.

"Hotch! Hotch, what's going on?" Morgan asks as he pulls on my shoulder, pulling me away from the dirt. He sees the worry in my eyes and lets go of me, joining me in the dirt and digging with me.

"Dave call an ambulance! And do it quickly!" I yell and I hear the others get to work, some going back into the house. I pull up a handful of dirt and see a piece of burgundy fabric. "Zero!" I start digging more frantically.

"I think found their face," Morgan says and I hear sirens in the far distance. We bring them up out of the dirt and I put my head down to their chest, trying to hear their heartbeat. Hearing nothing, I move my hand over their mouth, opening it slightly to feel their breath. I feel small amounts of air escape their mouth and hit my hand.

"They're breathing! But it's shallow and quick, we need to get them to a hospital," I exclaim, picking them up.

"The EMTs are 7 minutes out- Oh my god! Is that them?" JJ says, rushing into the backyard and over to us.

"Zero won't make it if we don't fix that," Morgan says, putting a hand on my chest to stop me and pointing a Zero with the other. We all look down and see that they're bleeding, a lot. I rush them inside and take them to the kitchen. "Where's the first aid kit?" Morgan asks.

"Bottom drawer, right of the pantry. JJ, Reid, move everything off the island counter. I'm going to set them down on it. Prentiss get Garcia to give me everything she can find on Aleksi and Illya Savenko, stat!" I order and set Zero down on the countertop carefully. I open the drawer to my left and grab a pair of scissors, cutting open their shirt so I can see their wounds better and blood leaks onto the counter. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see Reid standing there, worry on his face and tears in his eyes.

"Hotch, let me do this," I nod, moving out of his way as he gets to work. "Okay, Hotch, JJ. I need you to each grab a tea towel and press it to each wound. We need to stop the bleeding as soon as we can so that I can start stitching." Morgan sets a large box labelled 'First Aid ' on the bench. "They must have a fair bit of medical knowledge to know how to use all of the supplies in there," Reid marvels for a second before snapping back to reality. "Hotch, do they have any alcohol in the house? Whiskey? Vodka? Tequila?"

I nod, "Yes, they keep most of it in a minifridge in the garage but there should be a bottle in the fridge here," I inform him and Morgan grabs it from the fridge. Reid opens it and starts to pour it over their wounds, I can see their body tense in pain. I keep one of my hands on their wound and put my other on their cheek, whispering that everything will be okay. Not just for them, but for myself too. Reid lifts my hand and I step back as he rounds the counter and starts to stitch up the wound that was under my hand.

"Pretty boy, I know you're trying to save my life and all, but god damn can you be a little more gentle. That hurts." We all stop and look at Zero, their features scrunched in pain but a small smile on their face. I grab their hand and they squeeze it. "Yeah, yeah, I'm alive. Now can you finish stitching that up? It fucking hurts." Reid finishes stitching them up and I help Zero sit up, hugging them lightly, not wanting to hurt them. "Can one of you get me a bottle of vodka, please?" Morgan hands them the other bottle from the fridge and they grab the scalpel from the first aid kit, slicing the seal open and chugging almost a third of it. "God damn that hits the spot," Zero sighs and leans their head on my chest.