10.0 G'NIGHT PRINCESS

*Hotch's POV*

*SEPTEMBER 21, 1:03 am*

I'm sitting in my office finishing up some papers when I hear a knock on my door. I look up to see Dorosh. I smile at them, "Hey, I thought you went home for the night. What can I do for you?"

"Hey, Bossman. I was just wondering if you needed any help with the files. There seems to be a lot of them and I don't really wanna head home just yet." They say, walking over and sitting in one of the chairs. Dorosh puts a hand on the back of their neck, rubbing at it slightly. They had changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and an ACDC tank top after we landed back at the BAU.

"If you really want to, you can take some. I don't mind the extra help." I give them a small smile and gesture to the big stack of files on my desk. They return my smile and take a chunk of the files and stand up, heading to the door. "May I ask why you don't want to go back to your house?" They pause, slowly turning to walk back over to me.

"Uh, Illya showed up again when I got back. Thankfully Bowser is with my neighbour." They shift their weight to their left foot.

"Would you like to stay at my place tonight? I doubt he'd stay in front of your house all night." I offer, standing up and rounding my desk and leaning back onto it. They give me a small nod.

"Yes, please. I'm just worried about waking the little tacca though."

"He stays with his Aunt when I'm away on cases so he'll be with her tonight."

"Okay," They smile a little. "I'm gonna go take these back to my desk to finish up. Let me know when you're ready to go." Dorosh turns to the door again, taking a few steps towards it.

Zero still seems pretty tense. Illya must be getting to them more than they're letting on.

"Wait for a second," I say suddenly and they turn around. I walk over to them and open my arms a bit, "You look like you could use a hug."

Dorosh nods and puts the files down on a small table to my right next to the couch. They accept my embrace and hold me tightly, I rub circles on their back. We stay like that for a few minutes before they let go and pick the files back up. "Thanks, Hotch. I needed that." They give me. small smile.

"I'm always here when you need one and I'll hold on for as long as you need me to. I'm not going to let go until you want me to." I return their smile and theirs widens. Dorosh then exits my office, walking along the catwalk and to their desk.

I like these little moments we have.

I'm pulled from my thoughts as I hear someone clear their throat. I look back to the door of my office and see Rossi standing there, hands in his pockets, leaning against the door frame.

"Well, that was cute." He chuckles.

"Dave," I say in a warning tone.

"What? I'm just stating the obvious. Besides, I'm beginning to think that you do in fact like them." He walks into the office and I round my desk to sit back in my chair.

"Dave, neither of us think of the other that way. Besides, even if we did, it's highly discouraged to become romantically involved with coworkers. I don't want to put Dorosh under any scrutiny, especially from Strauss. She would have a field day."

He hums at my answer, "Then why did you offer them a hug if you didn't like them? The only other people I've seen you hug are Haley, Jess and Jack. They must be important to you."

"They are having trouble with someone and needed some comfort." I shrug, picking up my pen to continue the paperwork in front of me.

"If you say so, Aaron." Rossi walks over to the door before turning back to look at me, "Come talk to me when you see what I see."