20.0 CHOOSE

TRIGGER WARNING: TORTURE, KIDNAPPING, RAPE, TRANSPHOBIA (DEADNAMING AND MISGENDERING), CHILD DEATH.

*Dorosh's POV*

*BLACK HAWK, COLORADO. DATE AND TIME UNKNOWN*

I wake to the feeling of warmth and I groan, opening my eyes. I look over to where Cassie is and find that she's not there, again. I look in the other direction and see that the sun is coming through the small, barred window by the ceiling. I sigh and groan again as my body finishes waking itself up and the pain starts to come back. It's been a few days since my on-camera beating from Illya. He's been coming by a few times a day to get information out of me. I don't react and I don't say anything. He hates it and punishes me by torturing me, but I hold out.

I hope they picked up on my message... I don't know how much longer I can last.

There's a set of light footsteps coming down the stairs and I look up with a smile. "Hello again."

"Hi Z!" The small teenager skips over to me with her bag and sets it down in front of where I'm kneeling. I'm set down on the floor when Illya's not here, it makes it easier for the other men to... use me. Becca has been sneaking down to give us food and water when she can. I've become quite fond of her. "How are you feeling today?"

I shrug a little and wince, "Well, my shoulder is still dislocated and everything else hurts, so about the usual. Not great," We both chuckle and she gets up.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Zero," She turns to the stairs and starts walking away.

"Hey, Becca," I say, getting her attention again.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you, so much. I hope that you can get out of this life soon," I smile sadly at her and she returns it, turning back around and beginning to walk back up the stairs. Suddenly I hear her footsteps stop and she comes back down facing the top of the stairs. I can now hear Illya's footsteps too.

Fuck! Not good!

"And what might you be doing down here, Rebecca?" He pointedly asks the teen, leaning forwards at her and causing her to trip. She stumbles back onto the hard floor and scrambles backwards toward me as he continues to stalk towards her.

"Uh, no- nothing. I wasn't doing anything. Nope! Nothing." Becca blurts out nervously, her voice and body both shaking.

"Oh really? Then why are you here when I specifically told you that you're not allowed down here?"

"I- uh... Um..." She looks back at me but I look at Illya. Noticing he has his gun on him.

"Get behind me, Bec," I say sternly and she hastily complies, hiding from him behind me.

"Aw, you going to play hero, Vikky? Let's see where that gets you, shall we?" He gives me a crooked smile, reaching around to his hip and unholstering his gun.

"Close your eyes and put your hands over your ears, sweetheart. You don't want to see this," I say softly, smiling at her as I turn to look at her over my shoulder. She does as she's told and I face Illya again, closing my eyes.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

I open my eyes, confused that I don't feel any pain. I look around and see that Illya is now running up the stairs. I turn around to Becca and see that she's still behind me, unharmed. I nudge her to get her attention and she opens her eyes, taking her hands off her ears and smiling at me. "Wanna help me get out of here?" She nods and I quickly instruct her on how to release me. More gunshots go off and Illya emerges from the stairs again with two other men. He grabs Becca by her hair and she cries out in pain. I move towards him but am stopped by the other men grabbing me. "Let her go! She doesn't have to die, Illya!" He stays silent as we're led out of the basement.