Chapter 32 Part 2

Anastasia P.O.V.

I didn't know what to do. I was flabbergasted and stressed. Or was it fear? I have no idea but it wasn't something I would like to feel.

I looked everywhere around the room but them.

''How long has this been going on for?'' Carter looked at me with a stern look. ''A couple of years...'' I stuttered. I didn't know what to say.

''And who else knows about this?'' Caleb has never sounded so scary like today. '''No one''

I heard a deep sigh and decided to sit on the faullieut. I couldn't feel my legs and felt short of breathe. I heard footsteps coming towards me but I didn't dare to look up. I saw Carters shoes and he sat down in front of me and made me look at him with his finger underneath my chin. I looked into his eyes and saw worry but also anger.

''Anastasia, tell me what's going on because I am close to losing my shit right now'' he said with as much calmth that he could gather.

''Uhm... A couple of years ago I suddenly received letters when I was in college. I don't know who this man is but I do know that he knows everything about me and my family. I don't know why he didn't make any moves towards me in real life. But he would send me flowers and gifts. It was silent for a while but he came back. He said that if I told anyone else he would kill them. I tried to date to see if he maybe would stop but the guys I went on a date with suddenly dissapeared and never contacted me again. I have kept all the letters since then....'' I said with one breathe. I don't know what to say but I am scared for what is going to come. Carter couldn't stop glaring and Caleb didn't even give me any second before he asked me another question. ''Where are those other letters?'' it sounded like he growled. I looked away and stood up and walked to my bedroom and into my closet. I kept them all in case something would happen to me. I kept it in a box.

I turned around and Caleb looked down at the floor with a glare. I walked towards him with a box. He took the box out of my hands and walked into the living room. Carter was on the phone with someone, he sounded anrgy.

''Brother, I have it here.'' Caleb throw almost the box on the dining room table. Carter nodded and hang up the phone. I was playing with hem of my dress. I didn't know what to do once again.

''Anastasia, pack up your things. We will be leaving for a short while till this is all solved.'' I nodded and almost turned around ''What about Dahlia and Luc? I can't leave them here'' What if he hurts them?

''Don't worry about them. They will also stay somewhere else, but not with you. Now pack your bags full because we won't be coming back for a while.'' Carter said with a firm tone. I nodded and went back to my room. I packed my suitcases and weekend away bags full with basic needs.

I can't stop thinking about what is going to happen now. He is gonna find this out and hurt everyone I love.

After an hour we left and no one said anything. It felt like I was going insane. Are they mad at me? Are my brothers going to find out? What about my parents?

We stepped into the car and I sat at the front with Carter. Caleb was on the phone the whole time. I looked out of the window so I wouldn't have eye contact with them. But after 30 minutes I saw that we where leaving the city.

I turned towards Caleb and he raised an eyebrow at me. ''Where are we going?''

'' We are going to secluded area where no one can reach us for a while. Or at least you'' Carter answered my question. I looked at him and nodded while looking away.

Caleb suddenly held my hand and said nothing. It gave me comfort that I didn't know that I needed.

After 2 hours we arrived somewhere in the middle of nowhere. It was a huge cottage with walls surrounding it. It looked like a luxury jail. There where guards surrounding this place. I frowned, isn't this over the top?

''You can frown as much as you want. But we aren't going to risk your safety. You are ours and no one touches what is ours.'' Caleb said while looking straight forward. I felt like a small kid who was being scolded.

The gates opened automatically and the guards didn't ask anything. It was a beautiful calming environment.

We parked the car and Carter opened my door before I could and hold my hand. We walked to the front of the house and there was a man in his late 30's standing there and waiting for us. He looked like someone who came from the army. 6 foot 6 with broad shoulders and dark brown hair and a beard. Caleb walked in front of us and they shook hans.

''Thank you Arthur for taking us in.'' Arthur shook his hand. ''It's my pleasure Caleb. You know you can call me anytime'' he said with a british accent. I never expected him to have that.

He focused his attention on me and hold out his hand. ''Ma'am. I am an old friend of Carter and Caleb. My name is Arthur and welcome to the cottage.'' I shook his hand and smiled.

''Thank you for welcoming us. My name is Anastasia.''

''It's my pleasure. Let's go inside and talk.'' He turned around and led the way to an office of sorts. It was on the ground floor and it looked clean and empty. No books or anything. Just a desk with a computer and a chair. It was all black and white. Carter seated me and sat next to me. Caleb didn't bother to sit and started talking immediatly.

''You know why we are here. What do we need to do?'' Caleb said with a cool tone.

Arthur stood behind his desk with has hands behind his back.

''We need to find out who he is first. I need to know everything regarding Anastasia.'' He looked straight into my eyes when saying this. I felt my eyes going wider.

Caleb huffed but he didn't object to the idea. I told him everything since it started. After 30 minutes of asking me questions he was silent for a second.

''When was the last time you noticed something strange?''

I thought immediatly about this morning. I looked first to Carter and then to Caleb. I saw the frown of Caleb turning deeper.

I felt my cheeks redden because I was scared they will lose it for real this time.

''This morning when we where in the café. When I first came there was man in suit staring at me the whole time till you guys came in. He was there till we left.'' I mumbled it out looking down.

I felt Carter standing up and running his hands through his hair.

''Anastasia are you fucking insane? Are you fucking asked to be killed at this point? Do you really do not care?'' Carter was screaming at the end of his sentence. I felt tears streaming down my face but I didn't say anything. Everytime I start telling them something I feel even more dumber. Am I asking to be killed?

''We won't solve anything with screaming brother. We need to find this fucker and kill him.'' Caleb said.

''Indeed, calm down.'' Arthur said.

I heard Carter leaving closing the door on his way out.

''So what now?'' Caleb asked Arthur folding his arms.

''Check every security camera of today and this past week. We are going to find this fucker at the end of the month.''

I hope they will find him.

————————