Chapter 33

Anastasia P.O.V.

One of the guards picked me up from the office and led me to a room where I could unpack. Carter stayed behind to talk with Arthur and would come later back to my room. Caleb was outside, I didn't know where.

After looking around the room I decided to unpack because who knows how long I am going to stay here. After a hour I was bored. None of them visited me in the room and it made me feel extra lonely.

Just when we finally could be together, the stalker decided to show up.

I decided to leave the room and go back to the hall to find one of them.

I knocked on the office door of Arthur and I heard a come in.

Carter was still talking to Arthur and he made a come here with his two fingers and I walked towards him. He didn't even look at me and tapped his lap. Did he want me to sit on his lap? Is he crazy?

I looked at him with my eyebrows raised and he looked at me the same way.

He took my hand and made me gently sit on his lap. So possessive.

I couldn't focus on their conversation because I felt my heart beating in my chest because we where so close. I've never sit on a mans lap like this.

I was playing with the strands of my hair and was looking at my lap. Before I knew it I was placing my head in the corner of his neck and relaxed.

What is gonna happen now? How long will I stay here? Will Caleb forgive me?

After 15 minutes we left and Carter picked me up back to the room. 

He settled me down to the bed and picked up a chair and sat in front of me. 

Before he could say anything I started talking. ''Caleb is mad at me.'' I told him. It wasn't a question. 

He put his hands on my cheeks and made me look up at him. He looked stressed. 

''He is worried because you kept it for so long to yourself'' He said while stroking my cheeks with his thumb. It made me feel safe while sitting like this. 

''What is gonna happen now?'' I looked away because it felt too intimate. 

''We are going to find him and make this stop. Okay? In the meantime you will stay here till everything is cleared up. Can you do that for me?'' He made me look now and I could see the desperation in his eyes this time mixed with anger. He was just as angry as Caleb but he didn't show it like he did. 

''Yes I can. I am sorry that you are also in this with me.'' I looked into his eyes to show that I am genuinely sorry. His eyes softened and he nodded. ''There is nothing for you to be sorry off. This isn't your fault, okay?'' I nodded. 

''Arthur is an old friend of ours. He will be here for the most of the time. This place has at every hour of the day at least 20 guards. You can not leave this place unless you are with a bodyguard. No one can enter this area without us knowing about it. The only people who can enter and leave this area is me, Caleb and Arthur. If you need anything let us know and we will take care of it. Can you hold on to these rules till this situation is over?'' Carter hold my hands the whole time while telling me this. 

I feel like I'm a prisoner, even though it's for my safety. I had no way to complain because they where doing this for me and putting themselves into danger for me. 

I nodded and smiled. 

''Okay. I see that you haven't put anything into place. Let me make a call and after that I will help you out. Deal?'' 

''Yes thank you Carter'' he stood up and gave my forehead a kiss and left the room to make a call. 

The moment he left the room I couldn't shake this feeling in my stomach that something will happen soon. And it wasn't a good thing. 

After his phone call he helped me around the room to make it as homey as possible. 

It was just a plain white room but with him in it, it felt as close it can to a home. It would be better if Caleb was here. 

''Will Caleb come back?'' I said while folding my clothes while Carter put the suitcases away. He took off his suit jacket and his tie. His sleeves where folded till his elbows and I could see everytime how his arms where flexing underneath his clothes. It distracted me a little bit. 

He noticed me looking and he smirked. I looked away and it made me blush. 

''Yeah he will come back. He needed to finish some work and left for that.'' He said. I frowned, he didn't even say goodbye. 

I felt Carter walking closer to me and he turned me around so I was facing him. 

Before he could say anything someone knocked on the door.

''Yes?'' Carter said while still holding me. 

''Boss asked for you sir. Could you come to his office?'' someone said and Carter answered him so he would go away. 

''I will be right back, okay?'' He kissed me on my nose this time and left. 

Everytime he gave me a kiss, it flustered me a lot. 

I hope this will be over soon.......

-------------------------------------------------------

Let's see how many updates I can upload this week ;)