Chapter 24

Remember I was talking to you all about my so called soulmate? Yeah he broke my heart and left me. But pat that aside I think it's time for me to finish this book don't you think? 

Ive been writing this book for literally 3 years. I will be turning 21 soon and I just wanna finish it at this point. 

I hope everyone is doing fine. 

Maybe I can finish this book this month? Who knows! 

Thankyou everyone for reading my book and supporting me! 

Anastasia P.O.V. 

I was driving to her house. Nothing had changed since I've last came here. From a far I could see the property she used to live on. Nothing had changed. It was the same old house. 

I drove into her driveway. There way boys toys around the yard. It looked like it's gonna fall apart. It looked neglected yet alive because of the toys scattered around the yar. I drived into the driveway and stepped out. It was mud and I didn't wear the proper shoes for the occasion but it doesn't matter. 

I locked my door and I started to walk to the front door. I knocked and the door and I didn't hear much. Until someone opened the door. A young woman opened the door. She was pretty with her long flowy brown hair and pale skin. Her eyes where pale blue but they looked exhausted. She was skinny and didn't age since high school. She wore a black cardigan with jeans on and thick boots. 

It was my high school best friend Dahlia Lavigne. She didn't change at all but she was pretty as always. 

Before I could open my mouth she beat me to it. 

''Uhm Hi can I help you?'' she asked me looking with confusion. She doesn't remember me?

''Hi Dahlia! You remember me from High school? It's me Anastasia Henderson!'' I beamed. She must remember me, she was like a sister to me!

She recognized me and gave me a soft smile. ''You have changed so much Staci! Come in I will set you a cup of tea'' and she opened the door for me to walk in. 

I rarely came into her home in high school because she would always stay at my house and have many sleep overs with me. She was and still is family. 

Her house looked more worn out then I remember and there was a corner for babies. Did Dahlia have a child? Looking at the toys you could see it where boys toys. I sat down on the couch and waited for her to come back. Suddenly I heard a baby cry out for attention. I heard fast walking from the kitchen to one of the hallways to walk into a bedroom and coming back with a cute babyboy. 

''I'm sorry Dahlia, I just need to make him his milk'' she smiled apologetically. I just smiled because I love babies. 

''Oh no don't worry! I love babies'' and I walked with her into the kitchen. The baby boy was crying and holding Dahlia tightly. I could see she was distressed. 

''Do you want me to hold him?'' I offered, maybe it would be easier for her to make his milk. 

She smiled apologetically and gave me the cute babyboy with also pale blue eyes but with blonde hair. I was walking around the living room and kitchen while humming a lullaby so he would calm down. He did while holding on to me with his cute tiny hands. 

Dahlia came back with a bottle of milk and wanted the baby back. He is so adorable makes me wish I had one. The baby was happily holding on to the bottle and drinking his milk. It was silent for a while because we where watching the baby. 

''So...'' I started off while still looking at the baby. 

She looked startled and smiled at me. ''Well this is Luc, he just turned 2 and is very needy'' she said lovingly while looking at Luc. He smiled and drank his milk. 

''Is he yours...?'' I asked her because I don't recall her having a boyfriend. 

She looked shocked and furiously shaked her head. ''Oh no no, he is my little brother'' she said and I was suprised. 

''My mom got pregnant right after high school. But since Luc was born, I took care of him like he was my own. My Mom didn't wanna take care of him and she didn't bother taking an abortion. He is a miracle being born. '' she said lovingly but I still could see the sadness in her eyes. 

I knew she didn't have a good relationship with her parents, that's why she stayed with me often. Her dad was abusive and her mom was absent. But hearing her mom being pregnant and not taking care of the baby isn't so suprising. 

''Where are your parents now if I may ask?'' she looked away when I asked her. 

''Mom left a year ago, she said she couldn't handle the baby noises. Dad comes by once in a while. He is the same old man'' and she smiled sadly. So she lives alone in this house away from people. It made me sad that she lived a life like this. But she had her little brother who she has. 

We kept talking for a while about our high school memories and Luc fell asleep in her arms when she suddenly had a call. Her babysitter couldn't make it but Dahlia needed to work at the dinner. The dinner was the famous place everyone went to in high school. The owners where really nice. 

''I need to cancel work I guess'' she sighed frustated. When a good idea came to my mind. 

''Orr I can take care of Luc!'' I grinned. This would be an amazing opportunity. I was lonely and she could go to work!

She looked insecure about the situation. 

''Are you sure?'' she asked me not wanting to burden me. ''Yes! He is sleeping now anyways. And I have nothing else to do.'' I smiled at her convincingly. She sighed and nodded. I squeeled with excitement. She got ready for work while making Luc ready. 

We decided that he could stay with me for the evening. She hesitated first but thought it would be better just in case her dad came home randomly. 

She told me everything I needed to know and we seperated our ways at her driveway. Luc sat in his baby carseat still sleeping. He was so adorable with his chubby cheeks. 

This is going to be a great evening!