Chapter Fifteen

"Who sent you here, hm? I need some answers, Jeff,"

Jack had asked me to look away, and for a moment, I did. But hearing Jeff and his colorful language, it pulled my eyes back to the scene.

In the single moment that Jeff had faltered in his action of strangling Jack, Jack had spun himself around to face Jeff and stuck something I couldn't quite make out in Jeff's neck. After a few seconds passed of Jeff cursing and swearing up and down that he would 'kill Jack', his body hit the floor with a loud thud.

Jack hadn't mentioned me slipping out of my restraints not once, though he obviously knew I was free of them. He hadn't mentioned me using myself as a distraction yet, either. Not that I wanted him to. 

Jeff's unblinking eyes shifted from Jack's to my own with a burning hatred. Jack had made quick work of the shorter man, taping his wrists and ankles as he had done to me. Except, he had dragged Jeff's unconscious body, most likely in that state due to some sort of tranquilizer, into a dining room chair he had grabbed from his kitchenette and taped Jeff's wrists together and to the back of the chair. I couldn't help but wonder if he had made the tape thicker after seeing me freed. If he did, he said nothing, and I highly doubted he would. An unspoken 'thank you' of sorts for buying him some more time.

"Like I'd fucking tell you, eyeless fuck,"

A snarl spread across Jack's lips as he crouched before the man intimidatingly, resting his arms against his knees. He was expecting Jeff to lunge, or make a move to escape.

Jack had asked me to retreat a few times while Jeff was unconscious, but each time I refused, and he let me. If I could watch this play though under the guise that I wanted to be there as a distraction in case Jeff acted up again, which is exactly what I had told Jack, I could study my gray-skinned captor. I could watch from afar how precise his senses actually were, how incredible his intuition was. Being in the action was much different than watching it from afar; I'd study every little detail about Jack that I could so I'd know how to one up him. I would escape him.

"Toby put you up to this? Tell him when you go back, if you go back alive, to come confront me himself if he has a message he'd like to get across,"

He stood once again, his tall form hauntingly towering over Jeff, who wriggled in his thick restraints.

"(Name),"

I slowly pried my eyes away from the burning ones belonging to Jeff, turning my gaze to Jack at the mention of my name.

"You really don't want to see this part,"

His eyeless stare lingered on me as I battled with myself on whether to leave, or protest again. Would he do something gruesome? Would he do to Jeff what he threatened to do to me?

I'm barely restraining myself from ripping out your organs and consuming them while you're still alive.

His words echoed in my mind, threatening to crack my temple from how loudly they boomed in my brain. Is that something I wanted to see? Is that one more thing I would want to subject myself to? Would that be the last traumatic event I would see before my sanity all but snapped?

"Little bitch can't handle some gore?" Jeff snickered to himself over his stupid comment.

And with that, I whole-heartedly made my decision. I narrowed my eyes at the man bound to a chair.

A sharp tongue for someone who's tied to a chair. Might as well put a ball gag on you while we're at it.

"Actually, Jack,"