Chapter Twenty-One

!!TRIGGER WARNING! INTENSE, GRAHPHIC GORE.!!

The gray-skinned man rose from his place on the table, long black talons leaving deep engravings in the wooden table beneath him as he dragged his hand across it.

"You have stolen my eyes, and now I reap your souls,"

His face, stained with an uneven mixture of blood and tears, scanned each and every being before him. It was quite a large group, about fifteen or so mask-clad individuals. 

"Lead us to our everlasting paradise, as we have dutifully fulfilled you," A mask-clad female spoke, her claim followed by a deafening silence.

Jack's face stared at the mask, no,  at the woman behind the mask. His movements were fluid as he flung himself over the edge of the table, towering above her. It was eerie how he could go from moving so fast to being completely still, and it didn't go unnoticed by the woman.

She pushed her chest outward toward him as she raised her arms level with her shoulders and raised her head to the heavens. 

"I have no use for this life even a minute longer. I will be safe with you to protect me on my journey. Send me to paradise."

He let out a low chuckle, but it quickly grew into a loud, sinister laughter.

He abruptly stopped after a few moments, tweaking his posture slightly to where it had been before.

"You are undeserving of this everlasting paradise in which you speak,"

He thrust one of his talon-clad hands out to suspend her in the air by the collar of the robe she wore while his other hand followed the motion, except a sickening series of cracks echoed throughout the otherwise silent forest when his hand made contact. The rest of the onlookers took in the scene, some of them gagging, some of them starting to back away slowly.

Her body gave little resistance to his razor-sharp claws and god-like strength; he had thrust his hand into the woman's chest with a force so great that his hand had went completely through.

He could feel her beating heart thrum against his fingertips, his entire hand buried in her chest. He located the exact location of the thrumming, and gave a hard tug, another deafening series of cracks rang throughout the dark forest as her heart was completely separated from her body. He threw her body to the ground so hard that on impact, her body recoiled a bit, the back of her skull cracked open and a small piece of her brain spilled out from the depressed fracture.

Her severed heart had stopped beating in his hand for all of the bystanders to see; veins still attached and hanging off of the gangly-looking organ.

An overpowering urge to sink his teeth into the blood-infused thing overtook his body as he gave into the urge, biting a chunk of out the woman's heart.

He looked at the bite mark he had left, noting that his teeth weren't the same as they were before; the indents the bite had left showed pointed marks rather than marks that were more rectangular; he wasn't human anymore.

"None of you deserve an everlasting paradise. But, do not be afraid, for I will send each and every one of you to where you truly belong,"

A scream left my lips and my eyes flung themselves open. I sat up in the queen size bed quickly, sending the blanket that once covered me straight to the floor.

Jack would be rushing in at any second because of the scream, but what the fuck was that?

Had he killed the entire group? I hadn't seen it in the nightmare, but he had hinted at it, and after seeing him dislocate both of Jeff's shoulders using his teeth, I didn't doubt that he was more than capable.