Little Things pt 2

So the date for the debut of Book 2 Rewrite will be Feb 8th. This is when chapter 1 will come out and of course the prelude. I've decided that this book will not follow the same storyline as the original book 2. I'm taking the original book 2 out of my quotev account because I just do not like how rushed it felt and I think there's more things I needed to cover. I WILL NOT SETTLE.

Anyways, somebody said on the last one of these I did that it was the lore, and there's so many little pieces that either weren't mentioned in the story or were up for interpretation,  so I'll kinda make them known in these mini updates until book 2 comes out.

On to the lore!

Masky had been assigned to give Henry the memory and brain altering pills to make Henry an easier target. The only drawback of the whole thing was that Masky isn't immune to the pills effects himself and forgot who Henry even was. Due to this, though Masky had already had knowledge about (Name), it made it much easier to view her as a person rather than an assignment's partner.

Also, The Operator had planned the entire thing. From the failure to collect the proper things from the crime scene to making sure that Neil was assigned the case to even making sure Neil was rid of; while the boys try and hide things here and there from him, they come to the conclusion that it all happens for a reason, what reason is unknown ( to them.) We know that it was all planned to give Jack a reason to stay in the Association while also gaining a new proxy who will be indentured to The Operator. If (Name) can never leave, then Jack will never be far behind. Though, it was never mentioned why specifically (Name) was chosen- the simple answer is that she had already been through enough trauma in her life to be able to handle more without having intense, intermitten breakdowns. It would be far too much hassle to take someone who had a perfect life instead of someone who already knows struggle; this is why every associate and proxy had some sort of connection to (Name) as well, they could see pieces of their trauma in her and it made them relive the feelings they had regarding either their situation or the people involved.
Also, just a fun fact that wasn't introduced in THIS story (wink wink and hinting at what's to come) the voices in Toby's head aren't always his own. Sometimes, a monochrome clown with open telepathic communications sneaks in to say something especially mean and knows Toby won't know the difference.