Chapter Seventeen

(Trigger warning!: Deep delusional hysteria and mentions of hallucinations)

Though I had gone to Jack's cabin on Toby's accord, this time, it would be of my own. I wanted that girl.

No matter how much I absolutely fucking hated to admit it, she had got me pretty good. I scanned over my reflection in the mirror, examining the deep bruises and cuts. I honestly didn't think my skin was even capable of bruising after all the 'beauty treatments' I had endured years ago, yet the varying dark purple shades scattered across my sickly pale skin nonetheless. I didn't care for how my skin had turned out half as much as I cared for the smile.

A scarification of sorts to always remind me of how beautiful I really was. How intimate a moment it was to bestow myself with such honor and grace. To wear the engraved smile was to be powerful and feared, yet not feared because you're powerful; feared because you're delusional. But was I really delusional, or was that a term forced upon me by the doctors and shrinks that just didn't understand?

Well, Jeffrey, I've never seen a case quite like your's. You've been very nearly fatally assaulted, yet find the damage they caused you to be beautiful?

The PhD fucks didn't even bother covering their dripping sarcasm, drenching every word that left their tongues. Of course I thought it was beautiful, if they read my paperwork and saw my statements, why did they keep fucking asking?

To be able to survive such an encounter was a miracle, a gift from God, nearly impossible odds. The only reason that made sense as to why I had survived such an attack was that I had been chosen by a higher power. I was meant to embrace my unsettling, newfound beauty, and bless others with that same honor. I stood in front of my bathroom mirror all those years ago and carved my face with a simple kitchen knife' such a bland yet blessed object to be able to make contact with the blood and flesh of a chosen one.

And now, (Name) was blessed in that same sense. To make contact with my flesh and my blood, she must also have been chosen, for no other being had been able to leave bruises on me since that fateful day I stood in the mirror, smiling for all eternity. It all made sense. It was fate. Me seeing Toby eavesdropping led to me meeting her, the chosen woman

I would hand-craft her smile to fit her perfectly, and she would survive it. The fight in her was strong, as it was in me all those years ago when I was quite literally burned alive. She would fight, and she would rise above the pain as the higher power had assigned her to do, and she would be beside me for the rest of time. Her feelings for me would surpass a mortal love when she realized we were cut from the same cloth in the heavens before our souls had ever made it down to earth.

A sudden wave of intense jealousy like I had never known before ripped through my body. She was with Jack. And he had acted protective over her. He had thrown me nearly ten feet away when I had my hand wrapped around her soft and dainty throat, choking the life from her. I did want to kill her in that moment, but I didn't understand then. Yet, I didn't feel bad. She would have to be conditioned to me anyway. She would have to behave the way I told her to, or get severely punished. It would only be fair that if I was the one to awaken her to her true self, she would eternally serve me and be grateful for her chance to be beside me.

I could almost see her now, kneeling before me, looking up at me with her soft (eye color) irises and a freshly engraved smile, enhancing her beauty by tenfold.

"Come get me, Jeff... Come rescue me from Jack...I'm waiting for you, Jeff...I will always wait for you..."

She spoke to me, her eyes never leaving my own. Words flowed from her in a breathy, almost ghastly tone as her form rippled like water, yet her mouth never moved as she spoke her truth. I wanted to reach out for her, but when I tried, she dissolved and melded into the walls and flooring of my bedroom. And instantly, I knew she was trying to communicate with me through her own mind into my own. She had sent me a deliberate message, telling me to go back and save her from her fruitless mortality and envelope her in eternal grace. And save her I would. I needed to come up with a plan, but first, I needed to get Toby off of Jack's ass. If he kept trying to interfere, he would ruin my own plans, and that I wouldn't tolerate. I knew what I had to do.