[1] White Houses

• Dedicado a Everyone reading this<3

Dedicated to everyone who is reading this right now. Thank you for the support!

Picture of Raine on the right --->

--

(Unedited)

Maybe you were all faster than me,

But we gave each other up so easily.

And silly little wounds will never mend,

I feel so far from where I've been.

So I go,

And I will not be back here again.

~White Houses- Vanessa Carlton

     I hated days like this.

     They didn't come too often, but when they did, they hit hard.

     I let out a quiet sigh and ran a hand through my dark hair as my iPod decides to play yet another love song. Honestly, I didn't have that many, they weren't really my thing, but currently, it felt like I had hundred, upon hundred of them. It was almost as if my music played had decided to gather the few that were scattered in there, put them on a playlist, and then put the playlist on repeat.

     I didn't bother reaching into my pocket to skip the song, having given that up five songs ago. Just whatever, Raine. Don't think about it. I told myself. I fixed the falling strap of my book bag and pulled out my phone to send a text to Annabelle.

     Hey, going to the cafe, wanna meet up?

Another half of a love song later, I got a reply.

     Can't, got work for another hour. But last day before I'm free for summer! :)

     I rolled my eyes and laughed a bit at her response. Bells' boss wasn't exactly the nicest. He was almost never happy with anything and hated letting people go. But this job would look great on her resume, which would make everything worth it, or so Bells said. She worked as an assistant to another assistant for some big business company.

     Kay, I'll still bring something back to the apartment.

     I texted back before pocketing my phone. The stream of love and heartbreak songs were finally getting to me so I decided to switch off my iPod. I didn’t have anything against love songs, really, some were actually pretty sweet. Too many of them just reminded me too much of things I didn’t want to remember.

     I looked around the familiar streets and grinned. It was amazing that I was here, in New York, going to Julliard. Since it was both Bells’ and me’s first full summer in New York, we had decided to take the summer off to explore the city. We still had some stuff to study for junior year of college, but other than that, we were free. Yay!

     After half a block of partial silence, I arrived at Starbucks. I ducked into the small shop and got in line behind a pair of girls. I think they were talking about some movie with some huge movie star. I know it's wrong to eavesdrop, but in my defense, they were talking really loudly. I tried to distract myself by looking around the room, but it didn't really work.

     "It's their first film together."

Oh look, a blonde Nadia Clint's hiding in the corner.

     "The site said they were co-directing it together."