[7] Catch My Breath

Dedicated to NarryKissMe for the sweet comment last chapter. I'm glad this story makes you smile<3 :)

Picture of Brett on the side --->

--

(Unedited)

Turning my cheek,

For the sake of the show.

Now that you know,

This is my life.

I won't be told,

What's supposed to be right.

~Catch My Breath- Kelly Clarkson

“Bells, I think someone’s following me,” I said, checking the rear view mirror. Two days had passed since the Blake-Bells thing and I was on my way to the theatre to do a read-through and a couple exercises. And it seems a shiny, new Volvo was following me. It had been for the past ten minutes. I don’t think Edward Cullen lives in New York and stalks wannabe actresses. So yeah, I was ever so slightly terrified.

“Okay, calm down, Raine, they could just be heading in the same direction as you,” Bells replied, her voice a bit faint. Even so, I could tell she was holding back a laugh. As I stopped at a red light, I reached over and turned the volume of my phone up a bit.

“I’m serious, Bells! What if it’s, I don’t know, one of Kaden’s psycho fans, coming to kill me because I’m playing his love interest in Call Me Cupid?” The light turned to green. I flicked on my turn signal and waited for a break in the flow of cars. It didn’t take too long, since it wasn’t an incredibly busy street. I shot a look in the rear view mirror and saw that the Volvo was also planning to turn here.

“Then I’m scared too, because you’re using my car, and if they don’t get you this time, they might record the license plate and come later when I’m using the car,” Bells said as I spun the wheel and turned onto the theatre’s street. The Volvo followed. Well, no shit, Sherlock, if they turn on their turn signal, they’re gonna turn.

Why do people leave me alone? I swear, all I do is talk to myself.

“Nice to know you care so much about my safety, Bells,” I retorted sarcastically. “Okay, I’ll just run into the theatre and borrow someone’s bodyguard. Big guys in suits that look like they belong in Men in Black are scary, right?” I asked, pulling into the theatre’s parking lot. I watched the Volvo pull into a parking spot two down from mine. The parking lot was empty enough that there were no cars between us, so I decided to do a bit of recreational spying. Only for my safety. I have to know if I can get out, or if I should call nine-one-one.

…And Xavier Scott got out.

Wow, I feel just a bit like an idiot right now. Why didn’t I consider the possibility that it was just another one of the actors?

“Raine? You still there? Or did the psycho fan get you?” Bells teased.

“Bells, it was Xavier Scott,” I said, burying my face in my hands, even though she couldn’t see me. It was more for myself and my stupidity, though.

She laughed, as expected. “Nice, Raine, nice.”

“Shush, okay? It was scary!” I protested. Then I saw the time. “Shoot, I gotta go. Thanks for, uh, you know, worrying about my safety when someone might have been stalking me.”