[20] One More Night

Dedicated to NathanielGraphic for the beautiful banner on the side. Thank you! :)

--

(Unedited)

You and I get sick, yeah,

I know that we can't do this no more.

Yeah, but baby, there you go again,

There you go again, making me love you.

Yeah, I stopped using my head,

Using my head, let it all go.

~One More Night- Maroon 5

      "Dev? Can we go?" I whispered to Devon quietly.

       Déjà vu.

       That's all I could think, which was stupid, since we weren't even really dating. I shouldn't have cared, except for the fact that he might blow the whole fake dating thing. I shook my head and turned to leave, but before I could, Devon grabbed my wrist. "Just wait," he told me. What? Why? I didn't want to watch a random girl shove her tongue down his throat. I sighed and whipped around so I couldn't see them. Don't get me wrong, it's over, really, but it's still weird seeing your ex play tonsil hockey with another girl.

       It's just weird, Raine, nothing else.

       Suddenly, Devon grabbed my shoulders and spun me back around. Okay, what the heck? Why does Devon want me to watch Kaden kiss someone? Is this supposed to be therapeutic?

       Then I looked up in time to see Kaden shove the girl away from him.

       And he looked mad.

        Like, crazy mad.

       "Don't touch me ever again," he hissed venomously.

       "Or what?" the girl asked with what I think was supposed to be a seductive smile. She kind of ended up looking like a girl that belonged on those drug posters they hung on bulletin boards around campus. She tried to run a finger down Kaden's cheek, but he pushed away her hand before she even got close to his face.

       "Or I'll have you arrested for hacking into confidential hospital record." He reached beside him and slapped down a thick folder. "And you can have your fake reports back."

       Then almost as if he had sensed us watching him, he looked up. "Raine." His voice, neutral, not cold or angry, but not happy either.

       "Kaden," I replied in the same tone.

       "I feel invisible," Devon muttered from beside me. I rolled and lightly elbowed him.

       "Alizaraine," the girl said. I blinked at the use of my full name. Okay, I think this girl's a stalker, considering I have never seen her in my life and she knew my full name. And my full name isn't an easy thing to find. At least, I don't think it is. The only places that have are my Driver's License, my birth certificate and the minds of my friends and family. And as far as I can tell, the girl is none of those.

       “I'm sorry, but who the hell are you?" Devon asked bluntly.

       "Depends on who's asking." Is she drunk?

       I think she's drunk.

       "I'm gay," Devon informed her.

       Her nose wrinkled in disgust. Ok, okay, so she’s homophobic too. That, or she idolizes Regina George way too much. "Of course you would associate with such people." Yeah, I think we can add 'snobby' and 'bitch' to the list too. Kaden shook his head and stood up. "Wait, Kaden!" the girl screeched. He didn't listen, just continued towards us. "Kaden, I know you saw the picture. I know you liked my-" Kaden clapped his hands over my ears, but it didn't really prevent from understanding what she meant, since his hands weren't exactly ideal earplugs and she was using hand gestures. Oh my god, she was the girl who sent him the picture of her chest. Oh my god. Why was Kaden meeting with her?