[30] Alone Again

Dedicated to WiltingHope for the beautiful banner on the right, thank you!

--

(Unedited)

Now it chills me to the bone,

How do I get you alone?

I sit back and reminisce,

It hurts to think about it all.

We was on top of the world,

Whoever thought that we would fall

~Alone Again- Alyssa Reid ft. P. Reign

     "Hey," Blake greeted me, a couple moments later. He slowly walked into the now empty room and shut the door behind him before leaning slightly on it.

     "Hi," I replied hesitantly. It wasn't like I had expected them to go to jail or anything like that, I just really hadn't thought that they would visit me.

     A silence started and hung between us for a couple moments.

     "My name's Blake Jordan," Blake suddenly started. "I didn't learn how to drive a motorcycle until two months ago, I've never judged anyone on their appearance before all this and I do actually wanna go somewhere with my future," he said. Whoa. Wait, what? The last thing didn't surprise me too much, I mean, everyone wants to go somewhere, but the first two... Wow. Maybe it was mean to suspect the second one of him, but when we had first met, he had almost immediately judged me on what I wore, and called me 'Princess' even after I had corrected him. The motorcycle thing, I had just assumed that he had learned it a while ago. It looked as if he was pretty experienced with it.

     "Why'd you tell me all that?" I asked after I got over my shock.

     Blake shrugged and ran a hand through his hair, then stopped and let his hand drop back down to his side. "Trying to make up for lying so much, I guess," he replied, looking away. In a sort of odd way, the gesture reminded me of Kaden. Actually, come to think of it, quite a couple of Blake's actions somewhat reminded me of Kaden. It was a bit of a wild guess, and it didn't make too much sense, but it could still be possible.

     "Blake, this might sound weird, but did you know that some of your actions are a lot like Kaden's?" I asked, rushing to get it all out so I wouldn't stop myself.

     Blake grimaced slightly and puffed out a short, bitter laugh. I didn't think I'd get used to it. I'm aware, to some extent," he answered. Wait, what? He knew? I thought it had just been some really creepy coincidence. "Jared thought you would trust me more if I acted like someone you knew," he explained.

     "Why Kaden?" I asked. He hadn't known about before, had he? We weren't obvious with it. I mean Kallie hadn't even noticed, so Jared wouldn't have, right? Right.

     Blake shrugged. "He said you knew Kaden longer than you knew the rest," he replied.

     "Oh." I couldn't think of anything else to say.

     "Um, Jared says sorry, by the way," Blake said.

     "Where is he?"

     Blake sighed. "He's in jail," he told me. I gaped at him. I hadn't known what to expect, but I don't know, for some reason I hadn't expected that answer. Silence hung between us for a couple moments.

     "Um, I should probably go. Take care, Raine," Blake finally spoke up a couple moments later.

     "You too," I replied quietly, watching as he slipped out the door. Would I see him again? He had only really gotten to know me because of Jared. Now with everything that had happened, I wasn't sure if he would still really stick around.

     Before I really had time to ponder on the thought, Mr and Mrs. Fleming entered the room. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Mrs. Fleming asked as they took turns giving me a hug.

     I shrugged. "Okay, I guess. I've been better," I said managing a weak smile. Mr and Mrs. Fleming had always treated me like a second kid. With their jobs, they weren't around too much, but they were always nice and welcoming when they were.

     "I don't know if you've heard or not, but Jared's in jail. For now. Do you want to press charges for assault, kidnapping and attempted rape?" Mr. Fleming asked, sitting in the corner chair and setting down his briefcase, a dark look crossing his face.

     I blinked at him. "Press charges?" I repeated. The thought hadn't crossed my mind. I mean, I had known that Jared was in jail, but I don't know, I had never thought about filing a law suit against him.

     Mrs. Fleming nodded. "We could have it done in a week. It's not a hard case, Jared didn't deny what he did," she explained. I bit my lip as I thought it over. I hated Jared for what he had done, but I didn't really want to press charges, I mean, it wasn't really his fault.

     That's when it hit me. "There is actually something...."

***

     It took almost two weeks for everything to die down. Almost immediately after I got released from the hospital, I was swept into the rush of the case with Jared. I still hadn’t been able to ask Kaden about why he hadn’t told me. I had barely been able to breathe, let alone see anyone.

     Before I could even raise my hand to knock, Kallie yanked open the door and pulled me inside, before pulling me into a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever!" When she pulled away, I saw that everyone was gathered in the living room. Kaden was noticeably absent, though.

     "Do we get to know what you told Bells now? She refuses to speak about it," Brett said, nodding at Annabelle, who just shrugged in return.

     I grimaced. "Bells, can you tell them?" I asked. It wasn't that I didn't want to talk to them or anything like that, I just wanted to figure out what was up with Kaden before school started. I had a week, and he had been avoiding me slightly, lately, so it probably would've taken a while.

    "Why can't you?" Clark questioned, looking at me curiously.

     "I need to talk to Kaden about something," I replied in an apologetic tone. "It's just he didn't explain something, and I'm curious, and I don't want it to get blown out of porportion," I added quickly when they shot me hurt looks.

      Kallie sighed. "He's upstairs in his room," she told me. I climbed up the Fleming's staircase slowly, trying to decide what to say. I arrived at his door sooner than I wanted. Sucking in a deep breath, I pushed open the door, then immediately froze at what I saw.

     Miranda and Kaden, on the bed, lips fused together.

-READ ME-

On the short side, I know, I'm sorry. This might be a spoiler, but I promise, it won't be the typical 'she-kissed-me-and-you-walked-in-at-a-bad-time'. This is not some random drama thing I threw in at the last moment. I've literally been planning this for months. :3

Vote, if you like Blake just a bit more now, or if you were surprised.
Comment, if you're pissed at Kaden.
Fan, if, um, you wanna know what happened to Jared? I don't know, lol.

Update: ASAP, latest Monday.

~JJ :)

PS. One chapter plus an Epilogue left!