[3] Ship in the Dock

Dedicated to AuberCake because when I read her comment, i was like 'omfg, i love you', lol. Thanks<3 :)

Picture of Kaden on the side --->

Warning: The Auditions may be a bit confusing. Raine's emotions and actions and stuff will be the same, but the dialogue from the script will be in italics. It'll be like that for all scenes that involve a script and acting in this story.

--

(Unedited)

Love overcome is a battle half won,

The view from both sides of the gun.

I'm so afraid to be ready,

To change all these locks,

To disconnect the dots.

~Ship in the Dock- Kate Voegele

     I looked through the script one last time, mentally adding in actions and expressions as I went along.

     "Ready to start?" Rory Thompson asked after a couple of moments. I felt almost tempted to scream no, but held it in. Instead, I just bit my lip and nodded. I didn't look at Kaden, but I assumed he did the same because a moment later, the cameras flickered on.

     ME AS ALYSSA:

Question time. Colton, why don't you do the honors this time?

     I fiddled with the laptop in my lap for a second; pretend to actual use it before passing it to Kaden. For a moment, as I was passing it over, our fingers brushed. It wasn't much, it was barely anything at all, but it was enough to make me snap back. Breathe, Raine, it's not you and Kaden, it's Alyssa and Colton.

     KADEN AS COLTON:

 Have you seen these before?

     It seemed like Kaden was already in character, a weirded out expression on his face as he looked at the computer screen. Probably because this didn't mean anything to him. To him, it was probably just another audition.

     ME AS ALYSSA:

No, Keera put them together, why?

     I felt just a bit more comfortable now, which was good since I would probably need to be in full character for the parts after this. I leaned over to Kaden, pretending to try and look at the laptop screen. He pulled away, shielding the computer from me.

     KADEN AS COLTON:

No reason. Okay, first question, blondes or brunettes? Ladies first.

     ME AS ALYSSA:

Don't care that much. If I had to choose, blondes, I guess.

     KADEN AS COLTON:

Brunettes for me. Next question... I think this guy likes me, but I don't like him back, what do I do?

     Whoa, Kaden was better at this than I ever would've guessed. I mean, it made sense, he was pretty famous for his acting, but still, I almost found myself believing him and I knew the script. Or maybe this was just easy for him. Colton was somewhat like Kaden had been when I had known him.

     ME AS ALYSSA:

If only we got a dollar for every time we were asked a question like that...

     KADEN AS COLTON:

Don't do anything. If he hasn't done anything about it, no need to worry.

     ME AS ALYSSA:

Just don't lead him on, obviously. Don't flirt with him and stuff. If he does do something... Well, it's up to you; you could give it a shot to see if you like him, or you can reject him.

     KADEN AS COLTON:

Next question, are you two dating?

     He had a weird look on his face, though I wasn't sure if it was just him playing in character or if something about that line actually affected him. Probably the former, though.

     ME AS ALYSSA:

Oh, it complicated, but let me put it down in two words... Hell no.

     It actually took a bit of work to keep a disgusted look on my face since I kind of wanted to smile. It wasn't like I had been ever been asked that question or anything, but it reminded me of before, when everything used to be okay. It reminded me of the flippant jokes, offhanded comments and meant-but-not-really insults.

     KADEN AS COLTON:

We could be if she stopped denying the attraction between us.

     ME AS ALYSSA:

Pft. We're about as attracted to each other as I am to shoving a finger in my eye.

     KADEN AS COLTON:

She's just in denial.

     ME AS ALYSSA:

Don't flatter yourself.

     KADEN AS COLTON:

I know you love me.

     ME AS ALYSSA:

Not even in your dreams.

     KADEN AS COLTON:

You can't control my dreams, sweetheart.

     ME AS ALYSSA:

Okay, I think it's time to wrap up the video. Check out our other tips, like, subscribe, leave your comments below. If you have a question or request, our Twitter's in the box below. Thanks for watching!