[5] All Too Well

Dedicated to SugarTheReader for the comment last chapter. As weird as this may sound, it really made me smile, so thank you!

Picture of Call Me Cupid cast on the side --->

--

(Unedited)

And I can picture it after all these days.

And I know it's long gone,

And that magic's not here no more,

And I might be okay,

But I'm not fine at all.

~All Too Well- Taylor Swift

     I wasn't been quite sure what I expected for cast photos, but a huge room bustling with people hadn't been it. Then I found out that we weren't only doing cast photos, but promotional and sneak peak pictures as well.

     They had given me about three seconds to take in the neon green and pure white backgrounds before a group of stylists and makeup artists descended upon me.

     I wasn't sure how I felt about strangers poking at my face with sharp objects, even if they were professionals. Then again, it's not like I really had a choice. They shoved me into a changing room with a simple shirt and jeans outfit to put on, curled my hair, then shoved me back outside. All in the spam of ten minutes.

     Freaky.

     "So, how do we do this?" I asked awkwardly, shifting from foot to foot. I hadn't directed the question towards anyone, but I was hoping that with the amount of people setting up, someone would answer.

     And someone did. He just wasn't one of the assistants. "Well. They stand you in front of a camera and make you grin until your face falls off. Then they put us in awkward positions," he said, appearing out of nowhere.

     I jerked back, almost knocking into him. "You scared me," I remarked, forcing a light tone. It's been three years. I can be mature about this and deal with it.

     "Sorry, wasn't my intent, Sunshine." Now I could say my heart skipped a beat at the familiar nickname, but it didn't. Well, I'll assume it didn't, since I didn't collapse on the ground. It did do something funny though. A sort of clenching, that shouldn't have happened. He shouldn't have been able to get a reaction like that after three years with just a single word. I hadn't noticed I had let the conversation drop until he clapped his hands on my shoulder. "Boo," he whisper-yelled in my ear, drawing a quiet cry from me.

     "What was that for?" I asked, blushing slightly when a couple people turned to stare at us.

     "You're easy to scare," he remarked, not really answering the question.

     I groaned and elbowed him, or at least, I tried to. "Why does it feel like my elbow just hit a wall?" I demanded, whipping around to stare at him wide-eyed.

     He laughed. "Hollywood requires abs of steel. I thought you knew that, Sunshine." Again, the nickname threw me off guard. He was so casual about everything. It was almost like it had been before. Way before. Before the first time, back when we were actually friends. I wasn't completely sure if he was doing the same as me, forcing a light tone, but it didn't seem like it. How could he be so fine with everything? It was like none of the... Messy stuff had happened.

     Or maybe he's just moved on...

     "Raine, Kaden, please save the flirting for later. We want to get this done as soon as possible," Rory Thompson instructed, making me jerk away from Kaden and turn bright red. Attractive, I know. Kaden simply laughed, seeming unaffected by her comment.

     "Come on," he said, grabbing my wrist and dragging me towards the white background. Not familiar at all, Raine, not familiar. My attempts at convincing myself failed. Luckily, before I did or said something stupid, we arrived in front of Kallie and he let go.

     Cast photos weren't too hard. It was mostly just smiling or laughing as they positioned you under the best light. It tools a while, though, since there were so many people that needed to be photographed.

     The website would only be showing the main characters, but they (I wasn't completely sure who 'they' was, but I'll assume Summer Productions or something) didn't want to have to go through this process more than once.

     In the hour or so that it took to do the cast photos, I got to meet most of the cast and their roles. There were about six main characters, which were the ones they would release on the website.