[8] We are Young

Dedicated to MysteryMagic for the awesome banner on the right --->

--

So let’s raise a toast,

‘Cause I found someone to carry me home,

Tonight,

We are young,

So let’s set the world on fire,

We can burn brighter than the sun

~We Are Young- Fun ft. Janelle Monae

      “I still can’t believe they’re letting us do this,” Annabelle stated as we climbed out of Kaden’s car. This action lead us to standing in front of a smaller than usual Wal-Mart, with a sense of déjà vu. There were a lot less cars in the parking lot, and also a lot less people.

      “Well, they haven’t exactly been having great business, so I guess they figured what I offered them would be worth it,” Kallie explained with an easy grin. She lifted a hand and slid her oversized D&G sunglasses into her hair and flashed us a beaming grin filled with excitement. She must love this. This is exactly her style. She loves trashing things, creeping people out and stuff like that. I do too, but she loves it a whole lot more than me.

      “How much are you giving them?” I asked, bracing myself for the giant number she was about to spit out.

      “20,000 dollars and a cleaning crew,” she replied, shrugging nonchalantly. I felt my brown eyes bug out. Oh my god. Twenty grand. That’s…that’s a whole heck load of money. No wonder they accepted. I can’t believe that Kallie’s being so casual about this, but then again, her family has a lot of money, so it’s not too surprising, I guess.

      “How, exactly, are we going to trash Wal-Mart? Like, I don’t want to do any permanent damage,” Annabelle mused, biting her lip.

      Kallie nodded and her grin was replaced with a thoughtful expression for a moment. “We probably won’t do too much trashing. More creeping out the costumers.” We all stared at her, probably wondering how she had such a, um, mischievous mind, or at least that’s what I was thinking. The others were probably thinking something else.

      Kallie frowned slightly as she examined our shocked expressions. “Oh come on guys, lighten up! It’s gonna be fun. Oh, and we need to decided what Annabelle and Clark are doing,” she said, the smile coming back on full force. An expression of horror crossed the two mentioned names as Kallie’s thoughtful face returned.

      Then an idea ignited in my head. “Ooh! I got one! Why don’t they go up to random strangers and pretend they know them? Oh! And they have to pretend that they liked the person, either as a friend or lover,” I exclaimed. Kallie grinned and looked at me with an unreadable expression. “What?” I asked her, completely confused as to why she was looking at me like that.

      Kallie shook her head. “I’m just glad you’re not losing your touch when I need it most.” She informed me.

      I mock gasped, “Never!” My ‘touch’ was thinking of some, interesting (though others might disagree) ploys. Kallie had a ‘touch’ that was much, much stronger than mine, but I guess she still liked my ‘touch’.

      Clark looked back and forth between Kallie and I like a tennis game. “You two are evil,” he finally declared.

      “I know,” Kallie replied before letting forth a cackle of wicked-sounding laughter. She ignored our expressions of extreme creeped-out-ness and pushed Annabelle and Clark towards the door. “You coming?” She called over her shoulder to Kaden, Brett and I when we didn’t immediately follow.