[9] Starships

Dedicated to Britzcracker for being the first one to comment last chapter!

Picture of Clark on the side --->

Raine's dress in the External Link.

--

Starships

Were meant to fly,

Hands up, and touch the sky,

Can’t stop, ‘cause we’re so high,

Let’s do this, one more time

~Starships- Nicki Minaj

      “Oh my god!” Kallie exclaimed, suddenly bolting upright from her spot in the passenger seat. The car- actually, I don’t know if you could call it that, since it’s more like a mini-house on wheels- jerked slightly as Brett jumped. The rest of us, relaxing in the back, also shot up from our seats as Brett steadied the car.

      “What?” Kaden demanded, looking worriedly at his twin.

      Kallie smacked her forehead. “We forgot to decide and mark down the points,” she stated. Almost immediately, the tense mood evaporated as everyone let out a sigh of relief. Kaden, Clark, Annabelle and I all exchanged looks.

      “That’s what you were so worried about, Kal?” Annabelle asked unbelievingly, almost laughing to herself.

      “Yeah! We have three points to give out. First is out of you and Clark,” Kallie replied and whipped out the white board. “Who got the better reaction?” There was a pause as everyone thought it over. Annabelle tapped her fingers against her jeans looking at us curiously. Clark was also slightly nervous, like her, but he kept still.

      I honestly didn’t know who I should vote for. Clark’s thing with Tiffany was hilarious, but so was Annabelle’s ‘I thought we had something special’.

      “Annabelle,” Brett was the first to offer his opinion.

      “Clark,” Kaden disagreed a couple moments later. Kallie looked back and forth between Annabelle and Clark with narrowed eyes, trying to decide who do vote for. Wait, if she’s going to vote now, I’ll be the deciding vote. I’d either tie the score or choose the winner. Darn it.

      “Clark… Sorry Bells,” Kallie finally decided, shooting Annabelle an apologetic look. Everyone (except Brett, of course) turned to me.

      “You have deciding vote, Raine,” Kaden told me as if I didn’t already know. I bit my lip, still unsure of who to choose. Annabelle or Clark? They both had interesting reactions, but which one got the better one? I stared at the spot behind Annabelle’s head as I tried to decide. The car was weird. We had bus-like seats that faced each other, instead of facing the front. Clark and Annabelle were on one side, and I along with, sadly enough, Kaden were on the other side.

      “Um… Clark, I guess,” I said slowly, and hesitantly looking around the car. I mouthed a sorry to Annabelle, who just shrugged and grinned at me, showing that she wasn’t mad. Kallie marked down a point for the boys on the white board.

      “Okay, now who had the best reaction for the Wal-Mart dares?” Kallie asked, half-twisting around in her seat to look at all of us.

      “Kaden,” Again, Brett was the first to answer. He glanced at us briefly through the rear-view mirror, before turning his attention back onto the road.