[12] If This Was a Movie

Dedicated to CoolStoryJackSparrow for the comment last chapter. :D
...Though the, uh, hinted part was just a little awkward. x3

Random poster I made on the side --->

--

(Unedited)

I know people change,

And these things happen.

But I remember how it was back then,

Wrapped up in your arms,

And our friends were laughing.

~If This Were a Movie- Taylor Swift

     "You're still smiling?" Kaden said, his eyes leaving the road for a moment as he turned to shoot me an amused look.

     "Is there a problem with me smiling?" I asked, returning his look with a raised eyebrow. It was weird. How we went through, moods, almost.

     There was the 'Friend Mood', where it was like none of the messy stuff had happened. Like how it has been all the way back in middle school, before the first time we dated. It was easy, joking, familiar, comfortable, everything. It hurt, though, just a little bit. It hurt thinking about how he could act like this after everything had happened. Even so, it was still my favourite of our 'Moods'.

     "No, it's just starting to creep me out," he replied with a shrug and a slight smirk.

     "Ouch. And I thought my smile was beautiful," I said, pretending to be hurt.

     It didn't work. All he did was roll his eyes, albeit jokingly. "You can stop now; we're done with the photos."

     "I know, it's just kinda hard to. I think my face is frozen like this," I told him, trying to slowly relax my face.

     "Just wait until your first red carpet event," he said, chuckling.

     "Can I see the photos?"

     "Yeah, sure one sec." He stopped at a red light and pulled out his phone, handing it to me.

     "Uh, what's your password?" I asked, after randomly typing in the name of our old high school football team and getting a 'Wrong Passcode, try again'. It had been his passcode on his old phone, but then again that had been three years ago.

     "Oh, sorry." He took his phone back and quickly entered in his password, his cheeks tinged pink for some odd reason.

     You know those moods I was talking about earlier? I'm pretty sure we're entering the 'Awkward Mood' which was exactly what it sounded like- awkward. It involved awkward pauses and forced teasing comments. It was usually after any form of physical contact that was close to or more than a kiss, or after a confession on reminder of before.

     The thing was, none of those things had happened. It had just turned awkward. There was the password thing, sure, but that wasn't anything big.

     I sighed and shoved the thought from my mind, focusing on the phone instead. I clicked on his photos and scrolled down to the most recent ones. It was weird seeing the photos. It seemed like we were actually together. As conceited as it may sound, we were pretty good at acting like it. Or maybe it was just because it was just a little bit familiar.

     There were thirteen photos in total. There was first two we took, the piggyback one and the truck one.

     Then there had been one of us playing Airplane, which had been a bit weird and just a little scary.

     There was one of us on a swing together which had been even scarier than the Airplane one since I don't think swings are supposed to hold two people. It had also been a bit awkward since I had been on his lap, facing him and I had to be really close to him to avoid falling off.

     We had the classic guy hold girl up while girl kicks legs up but it hadn't really worked so that probably wouldn't be used.

     We had also tried the embrace while guy kisses girl's head which had also been a little awkward, but the girl taking the photo had said it turned out pretty cute. Which it did, sorta. It looked a little like I was trying to escape, but we were both laughing, so it looked more playful, thankfully.

     The next one I actually kind of liked. Kaden was sitting on the ground, cross-legged and I was half lying on him, the upper part of my back on his lap. I had my arms reaching up, touching his cheeks and he was going the same, except reaching down.

     The one after that had been really simple. He stood behind me, one arm wrapped around my waist, the other holding my hand. I was leaning back into him, my free hand covering the one around my waist. You couldn't see our faces, my hair was covering mine and his head was turned the other way and somewhat buried in my neck. It had been a little bit awkward during this one- pretty much all of them had been awkward- but then a bird ending up 'taking a dump' as the guy taking our photo had put it, two feet away from us. Awkward and somewhat romantic mood effectively ruined.

     Then we had decided to be kind of immature and use the playground again, which had ended up with both of us hanging upside down from the monkey bars. We had made a heart with our hands to keep it 'couple-y', though.

     The next one simple again, just us standing close, hands locked together. You couldn't see our faces, they had been cut off. The thing that made this picture kind of pretty was the background. We were in a clearing in a forest in the park and it had been super sunny so everything was more or less sparkling.

     "Hey, we're here," Kaden announced, interrupting my photo examining.

     "Just a sec," I told him, flipping to the next photo and grinning. This one had been fun. I was horizontal, parallel to the ground with Kaden holding me, one arm wrapped around my thighs, the other around my waist. The thing was, it wasn't like a bridal style hold, I was actually more or less lying straight. Kaden was also partially bent over since we had almost fallen over trying to keep still for the photo.

     "Are you still looking at the photos?" he asked, undoing his seatbelt and leaning over.