[29] Airplanes

Dedicated to Alexis_A for the awesome cover on the side, thnak you! <3

--

(Unedited)

Can we pretend that airplanes

In the night sky are like shooting stars?

I could really use a wish right now

Wish right now, wish right now

Can we pretend that airplanes

In the night sky are like shooting stars?

~Airplanes- B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams

     The next half an hour passed in silence. Jared didn't return and I was still pretty shocked about Blake's confession to really make a conversation. It wasn't the Annabelle wasn't pretty, or had a bad personality, or was overall un-likable, because she was; it was just that she was taken. She was dating Clark. They had been a couple since middle school, not that Blake knew that.

     Well, I guess you couldn't really choose who you fell for.

     We had to get out of here somehow, though. I really didn't want to stick around to see what Jared would do. Blake didn't know anything, except a couple possibilities, and none of them were really pleasant.

     If we did somehow manage to get out, how would we get back? Pretty much no one was in Canmoore this time of year. Jared probably had the keys to the car they had used, but it would be hard to get them from him, unless he didn't keep them on him. I knew Blake wouldn't hurt his cousin, let alone render him unconscious.

     Just then, the basement door slammed open and Jared descended the stairs. Oh no. I hadn't expected that he would stay up there forever or anything, but I had a small slither of hope that whoever, if anyone, coming for us would arrive first.

     As Jared got closer, Blake slowly moved across the room, distancing himself from us, almost like he wasn't sure what to do. That wasn't the only thing I noticed, though. Jared's eyes looked different. They were still cold, but a lot less certain.

     Maybe he wasn't going to go through with whatever he had been planning. Maybe he was going to let me go. It might have been wishful thinking, but I couldn't help it. If he was less certain though, maybe I could convince him not to. Stop him, somehow.

     I opened my mouth and was about to speak when Jared shook his head at me. "Don't make this any harder than it is," he gritted out.

     "Don't do this," I pleaded, struggling not to flinch when he stepped closer. I wasn't sure what exactly he was going to do, but from his expression, I had an idea.

     Jared’s eyes pained. “You don’t get it,” he told me, in a scratchy, harsh voice. I gulped. What had happened? How had he become like this? What, exactly, had his mother done to him? It was unbelievable, that he would resort to this. It was unbelievable that he would think this was the only option. I couldn’t imagine how bad it must’ve been to make him like this.

     “I do get it! I know, okay? Just, just tell someone. Take it to court, or something. You don’t have to do this,” I said, holding back tears. I didn’t cry often, but I couldn’t really help it. Part of me was scared, part of me felt bad for Jared, and another part of me just wanted to scream at the insanity of it.