[6] I Can't Breathe

Dedicated to xxLiveLoveSoccerxx for the adorable comment last chapter, thank you<3
As for your question (Will you write Call Me Cupid when this is over?), I might. If I don't, I'll probably put the idea up for adoption. :)

Picture of Blake on the side -->

--

(Unedited)

Hope for some better day,

But lately they just never come.

No sunshine, now it's only rain.

They say love is a cruel game,

Well I'm here, wishing that I never played.

~I Can't Breathe- Jerzee

     "Don't blame Shawn." Was the first thing Blake said to me. "He owed me, so I asked him to do this."

     I sighed and watched Kaden’s car disappear around the corner before turning to him. "What do you want, Blake?" I asked bluntly. Okay, maybe that had been a bit rude, but in my defense, this guy helped kidnap me. Three years doesn't make it okay. Yeah, he did help save me and apologized in the end, but still.

     Blake flinched. "Can we talk about this inside?"I bit my lip and nodded hesitantly. We're in a coffee shop. With people. Nothing too bad can happen, right? I assured myself as I followed Blake inside. "Do you want anything? It's on me," Blake said once we found a table.

     "Small Frappuccino, thanks," I told him. Hey, it's free coffee, okay? He nodded and walked away to order. I turned to stare out the window, watching cars pass as I tried to figure out what Blake wanted to talk about. We hadn't really kept in contact after everything- not even 'really', the last time I had seen him, aside from yesterday, had been the day at the hospital.

     I drummed my fingers against the table as I considered the options. There was Shawn/Devon, but I doubt Blake really cares that much about his roommate's love life. Then there was Bells. And that was it. Which mean it most likely had to do with Bells. I mean, Blake had liked her. Then again, that had been three years ago, and well, had his crush really lasted this long?

     As far as I knew, they hadn't talked, or at least, they hadn't talked enough for Blake to have a crush that lasted three years. Then again, maybe he was someone like me. Someone who didn't exactly move on easily.

     I looked up as Blake returned. He set my Frappuccino in front of me before taking a seat across from me. I took a sip of my drink and raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to explain himself. For a couple moments, he simply fidgeted- crossing and uncrossing his arms, drumming his fingers on the table, looking around, picking at the rim of his cup- stalling, almost. I continued just watching him, waiting for him to speak.

     Finally, he sighed and looked at me. "Do you still know Annabelle?"

     Now I could've lied. But I chose not to. "Yeah, I do."

     "Is she... Is she still with Clark?" he asked. Oh. So this is going where I thought it would go. I guess his crush really did last three years. Either that, or he's playing some really weird game.

     "No," I paused, not really sure how to answer. Bells wasn't dating Clark, but I wasn't sure if she was exactly over him, especially if she was gonna see him more now. "But that doesn’t mean she's ready to date.