Epilogue

Dedicated to _Unlimited for the beautiful cover on the right, thanks! <3 :)

Please read everything in italics in the Author's Note at the bottom, it's important. :3

--

(Unedited)

Will you remember me?

Young forever back then,

Never knew the first love's the hardest.

I never thought that we'd surrender,

When I was yours,

And you were mine.

~When We Were Young- The Summer Set

     "I can't believe she's going to England," Brett said running a hand through his short brown hair, a habit he had picked up from Kaden.

     Clark nodded. "Yeah, I know what you mean. She's hurt, but all the way across the ocean, really?" They heard footsteps and turned to see the third member of their trio descend the staircase for what seemed like the first time in days. Ever since he had found out that Raine knew, he had locked himself in his bedroom, only coming out when completely necessary.

     "What are you guys talking about?" He asked, his voice flat and emotionless. His gray eyes were dull, and there were dark bags resting below them. He looked as if he hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in days- and he probably hadn't. Clark and Brett exchanged a glance, debating whether or not they should tell him. No one really wanted to break the news to Kaden. If he was hurt now, he'd be a wreck after he found out.

     "Raine," Brett replied bluntly, deciding to get it out and over with. Kaden immediately stiffened. Alarm flashing through his lifeless eyes. It was sad how, now, you never really saw emotion from him unless you mentioned a certain someone's name. It was affecting him as much as it had affected her.

     "What? Why? Is she okay?" He asked, his eyes going back and forth between the two, almost wildly.

     "She's going to England for the Senior year," Clark announced in the same monotone voice Kaden had used earlier. Kaden's jaw dropped and his eyes widened. He looked between the two of them, hoping tha it was some kind of twisted joke.

     "What? Why?" He repeated when they said nothing.

     "She got an offer to study aboard on her last month. And she took it," Brett responded. Kaden dropped down on the couch, like his body was unable to support himself. His head rested in his hands, hididng his expression.

     "Why didn't she tell me?" He moaned as Clark and Brett took a seat on either side of him.

     Brett and Clark both shot Kaden a skeptical look even though he had his head buried in his hands. "You're not exactly on the best of terms with her, Kade," Clark said calmly, trying to keep from hurting his feelings.

     "I know, but..." Kaden protested, his voice muffled from going through his hands.

     "Kallie told me Raine got the offer at the end of July, but wasn't planning on taking it. I guess with everything that happened, she changed her mind," Brett said. Clark shot him a look that clearly said 'You're not helping.'

     "I really screwed up, didn't I?" Kaden asked, finally lifting his face from his hands.

     "Uh, yeah. What was up with that anyway? I thought you were done cheating," Brett remarked.