Chapter 4

Disclaimer: There is blood mentioned in this chapter. Also, I haven't edited this chapter yet, too tired. It's late in the night...or should I say morning -3-" Hope it's not too difficult to read. Enjoy :> 

"Hands behind your head and slowly stand up." I place my hands behind my head and rise, taking a gulp of fresh air to cool my head and evaluate the situation. 

A pistol presses in my back and three guards aim for my life before me. 

What short-lived freedom. 

"Turn around. Slowly." I glance backwards then slowly turn to my right, observing the three guards as I turn my back. 

Halfway there, I grab his hand and pull him in front of me. His right-hand twists up and the pistol rests comfortably at his temple. 

The three guards take a few steps forward but stop when they see my finger move onto the trigger. Sweat trickles down the base of my neck and dampens the collar of the stolen shirt. 

I take another deep breath, this time catching a whiff of salt. 

The sea? 

A crunch behind me saves me from getting shot through the back. A guard had snuck up behind me. I turn on my heel and lunge to the left, bringing the hilt of my hostage's gun down on his neck while doing so. He crumples to the floor, leaving me wide open for all four guards. 

I pull the trigger, not at the guards, but the glass structure above them. It shatters and rains shards on the three men, they duck and cover themselves, sparing me a few seconds. 

The guard behind me fires two rounds, one grazing the side of my cheek and the other missing. I start sprinting towards the trees. He follows swiftly, only a few steps short. I turn my body and fire at his legs, hitting him square in the thigh. He stumbles and falls. 

I keep running. 

The other three get back on their feet and more guards file out of the building. I don't have the luxury of stopping even for a heartbeat. I reach the edge of the forest, gunshots whizz past me and hit the trees. 

Pain shoots up my left calf and black dots dance in my vision. I clench my jaw and stumble into the forest, not in time to avoid the bullets. 

A sudden heat flares up in my side and the metallic taste of blood crawls into my mouth. I force my legs to start moving. A hot liquid trickles down my calf and a red sea spreads across the white suit like a dangerous virus. 

I ignore the urge to stop and rest. 

To stop and treat the pain. 

To stop and admire the greenery around. 

I want freedom that will last forever. 

Not just a few moments in the outside world. 

Forever. I will achieve the results that I want.