Chapter 5

Disclaimer! There is a lot of blood mentioned in this chapter.

An hour ago: Law's POV

"Captainn~~ have a..hic...drink with us~" I step aside to avoid the staggering Shachi, the liquid in his cup sloshing aggressively. A heavy arm slinks around my shoulders and the reek of alcohol smothers my senses. Penguin's grinning face enters my view, his cheeks red from a few to many drinks.

"Relax for once Captain~" I shrug him off, sighing and stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"I need to make sure you two don't sink the ship tonight, I hope you guys haven't forgotten who's operating the sub." They chuckle nervously and glance at each other, before they skulk back into the party, not wanting their fun to be restricted.

"Enjoy your night Captain..." I hear their voices fading and the corners of my lips tug up. 

Idiots.

I sit back and relax, watching my crew having fun and messing around. It isn't every day that they get to have a large banquet. 

However, I have seen a lot of navy for such a small island. I might have to cut short the night and get the Polar Tang back underwater to keep safe. 

As if on cue, I see a fluffy white head rush in from the entrance.

"Captain! Captain! Bad news! The navy are here!" Bepo stops out of breath in front of me, muttering an apology for no reason.

"It's fine Bepo. Guys, head back to the ship and get ready for an immediate submersion! Penguin and Shachi, sober up on the way!" I get a groan from the crew but they file out of the bar anyways. Penguin and Shachi tumble out the door, I suspect with a few more drinks than the last time I saw them. 

I doubt they will be in shape to operate the Polar Tang. 

"Bepo, let's go."

"Room. Shambles"

On the deck of the Polar Tang

"C-Captain...I'm sorry." I walk up behind Bepo, he looks down at the ground and avoids my eyes.
"Bepo." He looks up all depressed.
"What's wrong?" His gaze wanders towards the door of the main entrance.
"I forgot to lock up when we left...I'm sorry...I think someone broke in...sorry." I look at the door.

A dark substance coated the handle and marks covered the door. I step closer to examine the substance, using my fingers to feel the texture. 

Blood. 

And it is still fresh. The floor is also covered in marks that look like someone had half dragged a dead body across.

"Bepo, get ready for submersion, you have my permission. I'll go search for the intruder." I push the door open and switch on the lights.